typesetting long options in rdoc

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Wybo Dekker, Oct 14, 2006.

  1. Wybo Dekker

    Wybo Dekker Guest

    I don't succeed in nicely typesetting long options in itemized lists in
    rdoc.
    The RDOC documentation (http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/doc/) tells me this
    example:

    =begin rdoc

    specify the name of one or more output files. If multiple
    files are present, the first is used as the index.

    <tt>--quiet:</tt>:: do not output the names, sizes, byte counts,
    index areas, or bit ratios of units as
    they are processed.

    =end

    But the result (see http://www.servalys.nl/doc/ ) is that the -- are
    seen as a single long hyphen (actually —), while I want to see a
    hyphen, a little white space and then another hyphen.

    When I insert a space between the to hyphens, the result is two very
    narrow hyphens with excessive whitespace in between.

    Is there a better way to do this?
    --
    Wybo

    Wybo Dekker, Oct 14, 2006