typical algorithm

mrajanikrishna

Hi Friends,

Ours is a garment factory and we export to many countries by ship.
Every month, we will ship few hundred thousand finished garments. So,
depending on the ship quantity, we book containers of different
sizes(Ex. 40 feet, 20 feet). Each container is measured in CBM(Cubic
Meters).

Suppose we are shipping 5 styles of different quantity and
measurement(cartons).
Style1 32x24x58 5200 pcs 20CBM
Style2 32x32x54 2000 pcs 15 CBM
Style3 32x32x24 6000 pcs 16CBM
Style4 32x24x42 8000pcs 30CBM
Style5 24x26x32 2000pcs 10CBM

And we booked 2 containers (1x40'=66.42CBM and 1x20'=26.80CBM)

Now I want to evaluate which styles can fit in which container based on
CBM.
So, for the above example, style4, style2 and style1 can fit on 66.42
cbm container and style3 and style5 can fit in 24.8 cbm container.
Manually we can estimate this. But I want to evaluate through a
program. I've all the data(each style and no of cartons, total CBM and
number of containers and size for the shipment).

Can anybody suggest me the algorithm? or any sollution?

Any reply is highly appreaciated.

thanx in advance

Guest

Do you want to work out the required containers or are you booking the
containers, then working out how to fit things in?

Ciaran O'Donnell

mrajanikrishna

Hi friend,

I am very hap to see this reply. I want to work with it how to fit
in also. Can you give me any suggestion? I think you had worked on this
or had an idea of this.
First I need to book containers based on the total CBM. Then I need to
workout with how to fit.
pls give me an idea.

thanx