typical algorithm

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mrajanikrishna@gmail.com, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi Friends,

    Ours is a garment factory and we export to many countries by ship.
    Every month, we will ship few hundred thousand finished garments. So,
    depending on the ship quantity, we book containers of different
    sizes(Ex. 40 feet, 20 feet). Each container is measured in CBM(Cubic
    Meters).

    Suppose we are shipping 5 styles of different quantity and
    measurement(cartons).
    Style1 32x24x58 5200 pcs 20CBM
    Style2 32x32x54 2000 pcs 15 CBM
    Style3 32x32x24 6000 pcs 16CBM
    Style4 32x24x42 8000pcs 30CBM
    Style5 24x26x32 2000pcs 10CBM

    And we booked 2 containers (1x40'=66.42CBM and 1x20'=26.80CBM)

    Now I want to evaluate which styles can fit in which container based on
    CBM.
    So, for the above example, style4, style2 and style1 can fit on 66.42
    cbm container and style3 and style5 can fit in 24.8 cbm container.
    Manually we can estimate this. But I want to evaluate through a
    program. I've all the data(each style and no of cartons, total CBM and
    number of containers and size for the shipment).

    Can anybody suggest me the algorithm? or any sollution?

    Any reply is highly appreaciated.

    thanx in advance
    , Nov 20, 2006

  2. Do you want to work out the required containers or are you booking the
    containers, then working out how to fit things in?

    Ciaran O'Donnell

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIE8nJ0Rvbm5lbGw=?=, Nov 20, 2006

    Hi friend,

    I am very hap to see this reply. I want to work with it how to fit
    in also. Can you give me any suggestion? I think you had worked on this
    or had an idea of this.
    First I need to book containers based on the total CBM. Then I need to
    workout with how to fit.
    pls give me an idea.

    thanx

    Ciaran O''Donnell wrote:
    > Do you want to work out the required containers or are you booking the
    > containers, then working out how to fit things in?
    >
    > Ciaran O'Donnell
    >
    > "" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Friends,
    > >
    > > Ours is a garment factory and we export to many countries by ship.
    > > Every month, we will ship few hundred thousand finished garments. So,
    > > depending on the ship quantity, we book containers of different
    > > sizes(Ex. 40 feet, 20 feet). Each container is measured in CBM(Cubic
    > > Meters).
    > >
    > > Suppose we are shipping 5 styles of different quantity and
    > > measurement(cartons).
    > > Style1 32x24x58 5200 pcs 20CBM
    > > Style2 32x32x54 2000 pcs 15 CBM
    > > Style3 32x32x24 6000 pcs 16CBM
    > > Style4 32x24x42 8000pcs 30CBM
    > > Style5 24x26x32 2000pcs 10CBM
    > >
    > > And we booked 2 containers (1x40'=66.42CBM and 1x20'=26.80CBM)
    > >
    > > Now I want to evaluate which styles can fit in which container based on
    > > CBM.
    > > So, for the above example, style4, style2 and style1 can fit on 66.42
    > > cbm container and style3 and style5 can fit in 24.8 cbm container.
    > > Manually we can estimate this. But I want to evaluate through a
    > > program. I've all the data(each style and no of cartons, total CBM and
    > > number of containers and size for the shipment).
    > >
    > > Can anybody suggest me the algorithm? or any sollution?
    > >
    > > Any reply is highly appreaciated.
    > >
    > > thanx in advance

    , Nov 21, 2006