Typical bad example wanted

Thomas Mlynarczyk

What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites? Probably
something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be considered
really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?

Also, I'm looking for really bad examples of labelling menu items - (like
the worst output of a sick but overpaid communications designer's brain).

Any URLs?

Greetings,
Thomas

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Thomas Mlynarczyk scribbled in the mud:
What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites? Probably
something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be considered
really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?

Also, I'm looking for really bad examples of labelling menu items - (like
the worst output of a sick but overpaid communications designer's brain).

Any URLs?
http://somestuff.batcave.net/

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:
<ROF,LMAO> Duende, that is *exactly* what I was thinking as I read
the OP's question!

Great minds...

Travis Newbury

Thomas said:
What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites? Probably
something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be considered
really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?

Also, I'm looking for really bad examples of labelling menu items - (like
the worst output of a sick but overpaid communications designer's brain).

Any URLs?

Virtually any fortune 500 company in the world.

Leif K-Brooks

Richard said:
But a dancing chicken as the main content? That went out of style 10
years ago. Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just
links and one image.

What does that have to do with the menu, RtS?

Robert Morien

Richard said:
But a dancing chicken as the main content?
That went out of style 10 years ago.
Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just links and one
image.

Self-awareness finally?

tm

Richard said:
But a dancing chicken as the main content?

Sometimes a dancing chicken can define a page.
That went out of style 10 years ago.
See?

Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just links and one
image.

No sense wallowing in jealousy, Richard. People like Duende, who knows
why, maybe it's his self-effacing humour, his ugly x-face, perhaps we
are just cutting him slack because he is really freakin' old and near
death, hell, maybe he had the good sense to buy us all a beer, doesn't
really matter, his page works, its an amusing read.

Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach Michael Winter:

So, by "all" they mean NN4 and IE4+. Some even work with NN6. And: "Browsers
other than NS 4+ and IE 4+ will simply see nothing." Should I laugh or
should I cry? Very intuitive are also menu items like "Hot" and "M Zone".

I also liked "A multi-featured slide-in menu script that supports some of
the most requested features such as frame targeting, static positioning, and
header(s) displays. Very cool."

Static positioning? Like "position: static"?

Thanks for the link :)

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach Travis Newbury:
Virtually any fortune 500 company in the world.

Those who pay imbecils ten times as much for their crap as they would have
to pay someone competent for good quality work? I still don't understand why
it is necessary to use graphics for menu buttons that are simple sans-serif
text on a simple color background and then install heavy JavaScript
machinery to make that background color change on mouseover...

(Pete Cresswell)

Per tm:
Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.

This may be the most brutal ng I read.

Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.

I'm loving it.
Keep up the good work.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle (Pete Cresswell) scribbled in the mud:
Per tm:

This may be the most brutal ng I read.

Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.

I'm loving it.
Keep up the good work.

Could you use Mr. Bullis over there. Bet he knows a thing or two he could
teach you about mountain bikes.

tm

(Pete Cresswell) said:
Per tm:

This may be the most brutal ng I read.

Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.

I used to read amb and rsa before they turned gaye, this ng was gaye
to from the start.