    Any URLs?

    Greetings,
    Thomas
    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Thomas Mlynarczyk scribbled in the mud:

    http://somestuff.batcave.net/

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR
    Duende, Jan 22, 2005

  3. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:36:53 +0100, Thomas Mlynarczyk
    <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Any URLs?

    <URL:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html>

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Thomas Mlynarczyk scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites?
    >> Probably something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what
    >> can be considered really typical in the sense "many sites do
    >> menus this way..."?

    > http://somestuff.batcave.net/

    <ROF,LMAO> Duende, that is *exactly* what I was thinking as I read
    the OP's question!

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 22, 2005
  5. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:

    > <ROF,LMAO> Duende, that is *exactly* what I was thinking as I read
    > the OP's question!

    Great minds...

    Duende, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Thomas Mlynarczyk wrote:
    > What is the *typical* example of a badly
    > done menu on web sites?

    <snip>

    Very typical and so very bad.

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, Jan 23, 2005
  7. Thomas Mlynarczyk wrote:
    > What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites? Probably
    > something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be considered
    > really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?
    >
    > Also, I'm looking for really bad examples of labelling menu items - (like
    > the worst output of a sick but overpaid communications designer's brain).
    >
    > Any URLs?

    Virtually any fortune 500 company in the world.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jan 23, 2005
  8. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Richard Guest

    www.wipkip.biz/
    Richard, Jan 23, 2005
  9. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:36:53 +0100 Thomas Mlynarczyk wrote:
    >
    >> What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites?
    >> Probably
    >> something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be
    >> considered
    >> really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?

    > www.wipkip.biz/

    No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    Duende, Jan 23, 2005
  10. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Richard Guest

    On 23 Jan 2005 04:07:03 GMT Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    >> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:36:53 +0100 Thomas Mlynarczyk wrote:

    >>> What is the *typical* example of a badly done menu on web sites?
    >>> Probably
    >>> something featuring "table" and "onMouseOver", but what can be
    >>> considered
    >>> really typical in the sense "many sites do menus this way..."?

    >> www.wipkip.biz/

    > No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    But a dancing chicken as the main content?
    That went out of style 10 years ago.
    Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just links and one
    image.
    Richard, Jan 23, 2005
  11. Richard wrote:
    > On 23 Jan 2005 04:07:03 GMT Duende wrote:
    >
    >> While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    >>> www.wipkip.biz/

    >> No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    > But a dancing chicken as the main content? That went out of style 10
    > years ago. Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just
    > links and one image.

    What does that have to do with the menu, RtS?
    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 23, 2005
  12. In article <>,
    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > On 23 Jan 2005 04:07:03 GMT Duende wrote:
    >
    > > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > >> www.wipkip.biz/

    > > No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    > > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    > But a dancing chicken as the main content?
    > That went out of style 10 years ago.
    > Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just links and one
    > image.

    Self-awareness finally?
    Robert Morien, Jan 23, 2005
  13. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > On 23 Jan 2005 04:07:03 GMT Duende wrote:
    >
    > > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > >> www.wipkip.biz/

    > > No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    > > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    > But a dancing chicken as the main content?
    > That went out of style 10 years ago.

    It's contemporary post-modernist irony, Stupid.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 23, 2005
  14. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > But a dancing chicken as the main content?
    > That went out of style 10 years ago.

    Dancing chickens *never* go out of style.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jan 23, 2005
  15. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    tm Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    > Duende wrote:
    > > Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > >> www.wipkip.biz/

    > > No table and no onMouseOver. Validates.
    > > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wipkip.biz/

    > But a dancing chicken as the main content?

    Sometimes a dancing chicken can define a page.

    > That went out of style 10 years ago.

    See?

    > Takes no intelligence to set up an opening page with just links and one
    > image.

    No sense wallowing in jealousy, Richard. People like Duende, who knows
    why, maybe it's his self-effacing humour, his ugly x-face, perhaps we
    are just cutting him slack because he is really freakin' old and near
    death, hell, maybe he had the good sense to buy us all a beer, doesn't
    really matter, his page works, its an amusing read.

    Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.
    tm, Jan 24, 2005
  16. Also sprach Michael Winter:

    > <URL:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html>

    So, by "all" they mean NN4 and IE4+. Some even work with NN6. And: "Browsers
    other than NS 4+ and IE 4+ will simply see nothing." Should I laugh or
    should I cry? Very intuitive are also menu items like "Hot" and "M Zone".

    I also liked "A multi-featured slide-in menu script that supports some of
    the most requested features such as frame targeting, static positioning, and
    header(s) displays. Very cool."

    Static positioning? Like "position: static"?

    Thanks for the link :)
    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Jan 24, 2005
  17. Also sprach Travis Newbury:

    > Virtually any fortune 500 company in the world.

    Those who pay imbecils ten times as much for their crap as they would have
    to pay someone competent for good quality work? I still don't understand why
    it is necessary to use graphics for menu buttons that are simple sans-serif
    text on a simple color background and then install heavy JavaScript
    machinery to make that background color change on mouseover...
    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Jan 24, 2005
  18. Per tm:
    >Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.

    This may be the most brutal ng I read.

    Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.

    I'm loving it.
    Keep up the good work.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Jan 24, 2005
  19. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle (Pete Cresswell) scribbled in the mud:

    > Per tm:
    >>Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.

    > This may be the most brutal ng I read.
    >
    > Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.
    >
    > I'm loving it.
    > Keep up the good work.

    Could you use Mr. Bullis over there. Bet he knows a thing or two he could
    teach you about mountain bikes.

    Duende, Jan 25, 2005
  20. Thomas Mlynarczyk

    tm Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote:
    > Per tm:

    > >Your attempted pages are also amusing, but for different reasons.

    > This may be the most brutal ng I read.
    >
    > Alt.Mountain-Bike is close, but I think this bunch has them beat.

    I used to read amb and rsa before they turned gaye, this ng was gaye
    to from the start.

    tm, Jan 25, 2005