typing characters in TEdit starts principal form's shortcuts In Borland c++ 6.

jeromeg

Hi to all,

I am working with Borland c++ 6 on XP
I use a form which is not MODAL.
In this form, users can type characters in a TEdit component.
But when they type some characters which are shortcut in the main form,
here is the behaviour i get:
- the character dos not appear in my TEdit component
- it starts the shortcut associated with the charcater in the main
form.

Of course, this is not the behaviour i was looking for.
I try to disable the main form's shortcuts, but the character,
associtade to a shortcut in the main form, does not appear in the TEdit
component.

I can not make modal the form where i type chars. I need it to be non
Modal (called by Show())

Thx to tell how i can type char (and see it in my Tedit) in my form
without starting shortcut.

Any help would be appreciated.
JeromeG

Victor Bazarov

jeromeg said:
I am working with Borland c++ 6 on XP
I use a form which is not MODAL.
In this form, users can type characters in a TEdit component.
But when they type some characters which are shortcut in the main form,
here is the behaviour i get:
- the character dos not appear in my TEdit component
- it starts the shortcut associated with the charcater in the main
form.
[...]

This is not a C++ language question and as such it is off-topic here.
Please ask OWL-specific questions in a Borland newsgroup, like
borland.public.cppbuilder.language.