typing characters in TEdit starts principal form's shortcuts In Borland c++ 6.

Discussion in 'C++' started by jeromeg, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. jeromeg

    jeromeg Guest

    Hi to all,

    I am working with Borland c++ 6 on XP
    I use a form which is not MODAL.
    In this form, users can type characters in a TEdit component.
    But when they type some characters which are shortcut in the main form,
    here is the behaviour i get:
    - the character dos not appear in my TEdit component
    - it starts the shortcut associated with the charcater in the main
    form.

    Of course, this is not the behaviour i was looking for.
    I try to disable the main form's shortcuts, but the character,
    associtade to a shortcut in the main form, does not appear in the TEdit
    component.

    I can not make modal the form where i type chars. I need it to be non
    Modal (called by Show())

    Thx to tell how i can type char (and see it in my Tedit) in my form
    without starting shortcut.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    JeromeG

    jeromeg, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Re: typing characters in TEdit starts principal form's shortcutsIn Borland c++ 6.

    jeromeg wrote:
    > I am working with Borland c++ 6 on XP
    > I use a form which is not MODAL.
    > In this form, users can type characters in a TEdit component.
    > But when they type some characters which are shortcut in the main form,
    > here is the behaviour i get:
    > - the character dos not appear in my TEdit component
    > - it starts the shortcut associated with the charcater in the main
    > form.
    > [...]

    This is not a C++ language question and as such it is off-topic here.
    Please ask OWL-specific questions in a Borland newsgroup, like
    borland.public.cppbuilder.language.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 3, 2005