U++ 602 released

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mirek Fidler, Mar 1, 2006.

  1. Mirek Fidler

    Mirek Fidler Guest

    http://upp.sourceforge.net/

    Ultimate++ 602 was released. Ultimate++ is a radical and innovative C++
    platform whose number one priority is programmer productivity. In this
    respect, U++ competes with popular scripting languages while preserving
    C/C++ runtime characteristics.

    U++ 602 highlights:

    Library

    * New Report package.

    * Fixed multi-threading issues in Linux.

    TheIDE

    * Assist++
    - Fixed many C++ parsing issues and optimized
    - "Virtual methods" tool
    - "THISBACKs" tool
    - "Generate code.." tool of Layout designer able to generate useful
    code snippets
    - "Show opposite" (Alt+O) switches .h/.cpp files
    - "Complete identifier" (Alt+,) - based on identifiers in the file
    (no C++ parsing inteligence)

    * Fixed support for global variables in PDB debugger

    * Package organizer redesigned, "When" conditions now support logical
    operators, "uses" can be conditional

    * New fine-grained optimization system with "Optimize for speed" /
    "Optimize for size" / "Optimal" (only explicitly marked files are
    optimized for speed) modes

    * New TheIDE command-line mode, including compilation (via umk utility)
    Mirek Fidler, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Mirek Fidler

    Randy Howard Guest

    Mirek Fidler wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Ultimate++ 602 was released.

    Autoboycott filter employed due to spam. Note to self: Never
    buy anything from this outfit.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
    Randy Howard, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Mirek Fidler

    boa Guest

    Randy Howard wrote:
    > Mirek Fidler wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> Ultimate++ 602 was released.

    > Autoboycott filter employed due to spam. Note to self: Never
    > buy anything from this outfit.

    Hmm, Ultimate++ is a BSD licensed project hosted on sourceforge. Maybe
    the subject missed an ANN:, but it isn't that uncommon to announce new
    versions of open source software, is it?

    Boa
    boa, Mar 1, 2006
  4. Mirek Fidler

    Mirek Fidler Guest

    > Maybe the subject missed an ANN:,

    Ops... My apologies.

    Mirek
    Mirek Fidler, Mar 1, 2006
  5. Mirek Fidler

    Randy Howard Guest

    boa wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Randy Howard wrote:
    >> Mirek Fidler wrote
    >> (in article <>):
    >>
    >>> Ultimate++ 602 was released.

    >> Autoboycott filter employed due to spam. Note to self: Never
    >> buy anything from this outfit.
    >>

    > Hmm, Ultimate++ is a BSD licensed project hosted on sourceforge. Maybe
    > the subject missed an ANN:, but it isn't that uncommon to announce new
    > versions of open source software, is it?

    Right. I just saw the URL and as a result of recent spam here,
    didn't even read the sourceforge part. So, I jumped the gun.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
    Randy Howard, Mar 2, 2006