    morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.
    Sundar, Oct 31, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Sundar <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    >Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    >i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    >application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    >Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    >not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    >character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    >morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    >minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    >So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language
    Kenny McCormack, Oct 31, 2006

  3. "Sundar" <> writes:
    > I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    > Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    > i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    > application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    > Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    > not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    > character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    > morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    > minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    > So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    I'm afraid you're in the wrong newsgroup. You might try
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    (Pay no attention to the followup from Kenny McCormack. He's just our
    resident troll; he's not here to help you.)

    Keith Thompson, Oct 31, 2006
  4. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Sundar <> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    > >Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    > >i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    > >application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    > >Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    > >not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    > >character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    > >morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    > >minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    > >So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    > Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.
    >
    > Useful clc-related links:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    Dude, if you're pissed off at the regulars, take it out on the
    regulars. It's one thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    question. It's another thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    question *just to express your displeasure with other people being
    dicks*.

    Sundar, the problem is that specific hardware issues are way outside
    the scope of this newsgroup, and the expertise that you need is
    probably *not* going to be found here.

    If you have a question about C language syntax or semantics, this is
    the place to come. Unfortunately, your question has very little to do
    with the C language. I suspect the expertise you need would be under
    the comp.arch.* hierarchy, but I'm not sure about that.

    (See, Kenny, was that *so* hard?)
    John Bode, Oct 31, 2006
  5. "John Bode" <> writes:
    > Kenny McCormack wrote:

    [the usual]

    > (See, Kenny, was that *so* hard?)

    Wait to see how Kenny reacts to this. Then decide for yourself
    whether attempting to communicate with Kenny is ever worth the effort.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 1, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >"Sundar" <> writes:
    >> I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    >> Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    >> i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    >> application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    >> Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    >> not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    >> character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    >> morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    >> minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    >> So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    >I'm afraid you're in the wrong newsgroup. You might try
    >comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.
    >
    >(Pay no attention to the followup from Kenny McCormack. He's just our
    >resident troll; he's not here to help you.)

    And you are???

    Did I miss something or was there actual help in the above post?
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006
  7. "John Bode" <> wrote in message

    > Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > Sundar <> wrote:
    > > >Hi,
    > > >
    > > >I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    > > >Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    > > >i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    > > >application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    > > >Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    > > >not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    > > >character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    > > >morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    > > >minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    > > >So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    > > Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.
    > >
    > > Useful clc-related links:
    > >
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    > Dude, if you're pissed off at the regulars, take it out on the
    > regulars. It's one thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    > question.

    Yes, and that is what most regulars do.

    > It's another thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    > question *just to express your displeasure with other people being
    > dicks*.

    So, people, i.e., "regulars," being a "dick" to newbies is acceptable, but
    one "dick" preempting another "dick" from being a "dick" in the first place
    isn't acceptable? What the hell are you smoking? Smoke some more of it
    until you can't respond anymore...

    Rod Pemberton
    Rod Pemberton, Nov 1, 2006
  8. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Rod Pemberton wrote:
    > "John Bode" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > > > Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.
    > > >
    > > > Useful clc-related links:
    > > >
    > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    > > Dude, if you're pissed off at the regulars, take it out on the
    > > regulars. It's one thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    > > question.

    > Yes, and that is what most regulars do.

    Are you claiming that gives Kenny (or you) license to be an asshole as
    well?

    > > It's another thing to be a dick to someone asking an honest
    > > question *just to express your displeasure with other people being
    > > dicks*.
    > >

    > So, people, i.e., "regulars," being a "dick" to newbies is acceptable, but
    > one "dick" preempting another "dick" from being a "dick" in the first place
    > isn't acceptable?

    I didn't say being a dick was acceptable. I said being a dick just to
    make a point was worse than just being a dick.

    This shouldn't be difficult to grasp.

    > What the hell are you smoking? Smoke some more of it
    > until you can't respond anymore...

    So why do you waste your time hanging around here? Why not go
    someplace where your blood pressure isn't threatened?
    John Bode, Nov 1, 2006
  9. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > >"Sundar" <> writes:
    > >> I am trying to communicate with a BlackBox Receiver through UART.
    > >> Although i m sending a text file to the reciever through Hyperterminal,
    > >> i want to reduce my dependency on the same. So i tried writing a sample
    > >> application for the same on Win32 using the standard DCB structure.
    > >> Inspite of getting valid output on a shorted Rx-Tx pin of my PC, i m
    > >> not getting required ack signals from the reciever. However with a 1ms
    > >> character delay on Hyperterminal, i m getting my required output. And
    > >> morover to transfer a 105KB file at 115200 bps, it takes about 28
    > >> minutes to be done succesfully. I dunno how this time cacluation works.
    > >> So i would be glad if someone helps me get thru these blocks.

    > >I'm afraid you're in the wrong newsgroup. You might try
    > >comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.
    > >
    > >(Pay no attention to the followup from Kenny McCormack. He's just our
    > >resident troll; he's not here to help you.)

    > And you are???
    >
    > Did I miss something or was there actual help in the above post?

    Direction to another newsgroup where there might be actual expertise
    relevant to the OPs question counts as help.
    John Bode, Nov 1, 2006
  10. In article <>,
    John Bode <> wrote:
    >> Did I miss something or was there actual help in the above post?

    >Direction to another newsgroup where there might be actual expertise
    >relevant to the OPs question counts as help.

    (I figured/assumed you say that; try to make that claim)

    Not really. Think it through; you'll see that the so-called "help" is
    never going to be actually used by the OP. And in this case in
    particular, it's very unlikely to be useful, even if actually followed up
    upon (Win32 programming these days is all about apps, re-installing the OS,
    and, maybe, just maybe programming and if that, it's gonna be .NET - not
    low-level stuff like this)

    I.e., the rules say that KT must be seen as helpful. Thus, whatever he
    does, it must be viewed as being "helpful".
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006
  11. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > John Bode <> wrote:
    > >> Did I miss something or was there actual help in the above post?

    > >Direction to another newsgroup where there might be actual expertise
    > >relevant to the OPs question counts as help.

    > (I figured/assumed you say that; try to make that claim)
    >
    > Not really. Think it through; you'll see that the so-called "help" is
    > never going to be actually used by the OP. And in this case in
    > particular, it's very unlikely to be useful, even if actually followed up
    > upon (Win32 programming these days is all about apps, re-installing the OS,
    > and, maybe, just maybe programming and if that, it's gonna be .NET - not
    > low-level stuff like this)
    >
    > I.e., the rules say that KT must be seen as helpful. Thus, whatever he
    > does, it must be viewed as being "helpful".

    It's more help than you or Pemberton have offered so far.

    So tell me, wise, benevolent, and all-knowing Kenny, friend to the
    friendless, defender of civility and decorum, where *should* the OP go
    for the relevant help? Show us how it should be done. Lead by example.
    John Bode, Nov 1, 2006
  12. Sundar

    Al Balmer Guest

    On 1 Nov 2006 03:52:48 -0800, "John Bode" <>
    wrote:

    >Rod Pemberton wrote:
    >> "John Bode" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Kenny McCormack wrote:

    <snip

    >Are you claiming that gives Kenny (or you) license to be an asshole as
    >well?

    Currently, I have only three posters filtered in this newsgroup.
    You're talking to two of them :)

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ
    Al Balmer, Nov 1, 2006
  13. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Al Balmer wrote:
    > On 1 Nov 2006 03:52:48 -0800, "John Bode" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Rod Pemberton wrote:
    > >> "John Bode" <> wrote in message

    > <snip
    > >
    > >Are you claiming that gives Kenny (or you) license to be an asshole as
    > >well?

    > Currently, I have only three posters filtered in this newsgroup.
    > You're talking to two of them :)

    Heh. Yeah, I vplonked Pemberton some months ago, but I was feeling
    feisty yesterday. Combine a flaky Red Hat virtual image with some
    non-deterministically buggy vendor software and my own brain-damaged
    code, and you have instant grumpy. Kenny just happened to be the
    nearest available dog to kick.
    John Bode, Nov 1, 2006
  14. In article <>,
    Al Balmer <> wrote:
    >On 1 Nov 2006 03:52:48 -0800, "John Bode" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Rod Pemberton wrote:
    >>> "John Bode" <> wrote in message

    ><snip
    >>
    >>Are you claiming that gives Kenny (or you) license to be an asshole as
    >>well?

    >Currently, I have only three posters filtered in this newsgroup.
    >You're talking to two of them :)

    You're acting as if I give a flying fsck, old man.
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006
  15. Sundar

    Default User Guest

    John Bode wrote:

    > It's more help than you or Pemberton have offered so far.

    That's because they're trolls. Help isn't what they offer.

    Brian
    Default User, Nov 1, 2006
  16. In article <>,
    Default User <> wrote:
    >John Bode wrote:
    >

    >> It's more help than you or Pemberton have offered so far.

    >That's because they're trolls. Help isn't what they offer.

    I, for one, feel insulted when people tell me sh*t I already know and/or
    is completely useless to me (insert any number of "economist jokes"
    here), and walk away smugly feeling that they have been helpful.
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006
  17. Sundar

    John Bode Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Default User <> wrote:
    > >John Bode wrote:
    > >

    > >> It's more help than you or Pemberton have offered so far.

    > >That's because they're trolls. Help isn't what they offer.

    > I, for one, feel insulted when people tell me sh*t I already know and/or
    > is completely useless to me (insert any number of "economist jokes"
    > here), and walk away smugly feeling that they have been helpful.

    Let me repeat myself:

    John Bode, Nov 1, 2006
  18. In article <>,
    John Bode <> wrote:
    >Let me repeat myself:
    >
    >So tell me, wise, benevolent, and all-knowing Kenny, friend to the
    >friendless, defender of civility and decorum, where *should* the OP go
    >for the relevant help? Show us how it should be done. Lead by example.

    The answer is coming - but it is a little complicatd. It has to do with
    "is." vs. "why?"
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006
  19. "John Bode" <> writes:
    > Kenny McCormack wrote:

    [the usual]
    > Let me repeat myself:

    [snip]

    John, please stop feeding the troll.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 1, 2006
  20. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >"John Bode" <> writes:
    >> Kenny McCormack wrote:

    >[the usual]
    >> Let me repeat myself:

    >[snip]
    >
    >John, please stop feeding the troll.

    Keith, please stop being a netcop. Please look into getting a life.
    Kenny McCormack, Nov 1, 2006