UDP on client Page

Jason Walraven

In a project that I'm currently working on, we have a rather strange
requirement. We are developing an ASP .net web application that requires
real-time communication with a windows application running on the machine,
and we have to do it without doing postbacks. Currently the plan is to do
something like an ActiveX component on the Web page that will excecute an
UDP server, and receive messages via UDP from the windows application.
First off if anyone can think of a better way for the client web page to
communicate to the Windows app, then please let me know, if not, then has
anyone ever attempted something like this, and can give me some advise,
pitfalls, etc.

Thanks,
Jason Walraven