udp package header

Discussion in 'Python' started by R. David Murray, Mar 24, 2009.

  1. mete <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I got a problem. Ä° want to send udp package and get this package (server and
    > clinet ). it's easy to python but i want to look the udp header how can i
    > do ?

    The English word is 'packet'.

    If you are on Linux you can use raw sockets for this.

    --
    R. David Murray http://www.bitdance.com
    R. David Murray, Mar 24, 2009

  2. In the darkest hour on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:50:10 +0000 (UTC),
    R. David Murray <> screamed:
    >> I got a problem. Ä° want to send udp package and get this package (server and
    >> clinet ). it's easy to python but i want to look the udp header how can i
    >> do ?

    > The English word is 'packet'.
    >
    > If you are on Linux you can use raw sockets for this.

    With a little drawback - raw sockets require root privilege.

    --
    [ Artur M. Piwko : Pipen : AMP29-RIPE : RLU:100918 : From == Trap! : SIG:210B ]
    [ 19:19:19 user up 12028 days, 7:14, 1 user, load average: 0.36, 0.28, 0.54 ]

    God is an atheist.
    Artur M. Piwko, Mar 31, 2009