    Ideally, I'd like to be able to this from both x86 and x64 systems (if
    that makes any difference).

    Thanks for any input you may have!!!

    fuglyducky, Sep 10, 2010

  2. fuglyducky

    nn Guest

    On Sep 10, 12:27 pm, fuglyducky <> wrote:
    > Most of the python books coming out now are Py3K. I just started
    > programming and have a need to access a MySQL database. I would like
    > to use Python to do this. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone that has
    > created anything that allows my to do this.
    >
    > I've tried installing an ODBC driver and using sqlalchemy, oursql, and
    > a few other things with no luck.
    >
    > So...just wondering if anyone is aware of any libraries/modules that I
    > can use to connect to a MySQL DB using Python 3.1.x?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like to be able to this from both x86 and x64 systems (if
    > that makes any difference).
    >
    > Thanks for any input you may have!!!

    Google found this:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/forums/forum/70460/topic/3831691

    nn, Sep 10, 2010

  3. fuglyducky

    John Nagle Guest

    On 9/10/2010 12:57 PM, nn wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 12:27 pm, fuglyducky<> wrote:
    >> Most of the python books coming out now are Py3K. I just started
    >> programming and have a need to access a MySQL database. I would like
    >> to use Python to do this. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone that has
    >> created anything that allows my to do this.
    >>
    >> I've tried installing an ODBC driver and using sqlalchemy, oursql, and
    >> a few other things with no luck.
    >>
    >> So...just wondering if anyone is aware of any libraries/modules that I
    >> can use to connect to a MySQL DB using Python 3.1.x?
    >>
    >> Ideally, I'd like to be able to this from both x86 and x64 systems (if
    >> that makes any difference).
    >>
    >> Thanks for any input you may have!!!

    > Google found this:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/forums/forum/70460/topic/3831691

    That's progress, but it's a fork of MySQLdb.

    Can it be checked into the MySQLdb project on SourceForge?

    John Nagle

    John Nagle, Sep 11, 2010
  4. On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:27:28 -0700, fuglyducky wrote:

    > Most of the python books coming out now are Py3K. I just started
    > programming and have a need to access a MySQL database. I would like to
    > use Python to do this. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone that has
    > created anything that allows my to do this.
    >
    > I've tried installing an ODBC driver and using sqlalchemy, oursql, and a
    > few other things with no luck.
    >
    > So...just wondering if anyone is aware of any libraries/modules that I
    > can use to connect to a MySQL DB using Python 3.1.x?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like to be able to this from both x86 and x64 systems (if
    > that makes any difference).

    You don't say what OS you're using, but if you're on a *NIX, take a look
    at pyodbc: http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/

    This Python module is a wrapper for unixODBC and consequently works with
    standard MySQL ODBC drivers.

    iODBC: http://www.iodbc.org/ is similar

    If you want something that's Windows compatible I can't help: I don't use
    either Windows or MySQL.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK