UI generation, XML mapping and Database Persistence...

Discussion in 'Java' started by oopsatwork, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. oopsatwork

    oopsatwork Guest

    I've been looking around on my own and have not found anything that
    handles both ends of this spectrum...and I'm curious if any of you have
    run across something like this. For the second time in 3 years I have
    come across the need for a UI that can take in data that is to be
    stored in a database and also passed to a vendor via as XML over a post
    request. I'm curious if there is anything already out there that can
    generate a decent input interface as well as manage persistence and
    marshalling of the data to XML, ideally all based on an XML schema.
    It's really a fairly straight forward and common task (data input,
    persistence and transmission)...so, I'm hopeful that a solution already
    exists. If not, I guess I know what my next sourceforge project is. ;)

    Any thoughts? (By the way...I'm not looking for "use Hibernate for
    persistence"..."use JAXB for marshalling"..."no, use XMLBeans"... I'm
    looking for something that handles the full gamut as I said in the
    title.)

    Thanks in advance for your input!

    -m
    oopsatwork, Sep 28, 2005