UI makeover

cbtechlists

I'm looking for some design resources to help polish the UI of my
business apps. A set of best practices, kinda like "don't wear white
pants after Labor Day", but for grids, treeview controls, dropdowns,
etc.

All the applications are small IT department tools for the business.

Thanks!

Chris

Jon

I'm looking for some design resources to help polish the UI of my
business apps. A set of best practices, kinda like "don't wear white
pants after Labor Day", but for grids, treeview controls, dropdowns,
etc.

All the applications are small IT department tools for the business.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Whats the help you need?

Jon
www.nantwichonline.com

Jon

cbtechlists

Hi Jon:

I'm trying to make the UI easier to use for the user. I'm looking for
UI best practices and example sites/books of good UI design for IT
applications.

Thanks,

Chris

Barrie Wilson

I'm looking for some design resources to help polish the UI of my
business apps. A set of best practices, kinda like "don't wear white
pants after Labor Day", but for grids, treeview controls, dropdowns,
etc.

All the applications are small IT department tools for the business.

why don't you copycat any one of a million well-designed web sites ? you
can even use the free Firefox plugins to see how they were architected and
implemented ....

I think that's a better plan than reading somebody's 1000 page tome on "UI
Best Practices in Two Minutes"

btw, don't use grids after Labor Day ....

cbtechlists

I guess I'm trying to figure out what is considered a 'well designed
site' and why.