UIPAB & Load Balancing

Nikander Bruggeman

I keep losing session state when I store UIPAB state in the
SessionStateObject. The asp.net session state object itself stores
it's state in SQL server, I'm using cookieless session state.

This strange behavior occurs in a load balanced environment consisting
of 2 web servers.

The next part is taken from the web.config file:

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
sqlConnectionString="someconnectionstring"
cookieless="true"
timeout="20"
/>

At this point I'm checking out
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325056 and
considering adding response.applyapppathmodifier to response.redirects
in the uipab.

Has anybody experienced this before? Is the UIPAB capable of
supporting load balancing? Any tips?

Kind regards,
Nikander Bruggeman

Karl

Nikander:
I'm a little confused, you are saying you use SQL Server for your session
state, but your mode is InProc instead of SQLServer...was that just a typo?

Karl

Nikander Bruggeman

Definitaly a typo...

This is the persistence provider I'm using:

<statePersistenceProvider
name="SessionStatePersistence"

type="Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.SessionStatePersistence,
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess,
Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=7bb482996a1b0eeb"
/>

The session state is stored in sql server:

<sessionState
mode="SQLServer"
sqlConnectionString="someconnstring"
cookieless="true"
timeout="60"

/>

Navigation graphs use SessionStatePersistence:

<navigationGraph
startView="Sstartview"
iViewManager="aviewmanager"
name="aname"