UIR

Discussion in 'C++' started by debracom IT, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. debracom IT

    debracom IT Guest

    I'm trying to build my own UIR receiver(+sender but first the receiver has
    to work :))
    The thing is, there are a lot of opensources available for serial
    interfacing (RS232), but the serial USB isn't commonly known as I have
    searched lots of pages on google without any succes.

    The best one I found so far is
    http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB (AVR)_eng.htm

    Does anyone around here know some opensource project with UIR (universial
    infrared receiver) writting in C++/delphi or VB?
    I only know the basics of programming, with lots of searching I would
    eventually find how to receive (and/or send) signals, but the whole concept
    of driving windows (AND winamp!), and its mouse, shutting down, etc... seems
    way too complicated for me. especially on XP. Nevertheless I really wanna
    know how the whole thing works, and maybe after a lot of study implement
    somthing extra (like an LCD).

    Any help would greatly be appreciated
    friendly regards

    debracom IT, Sep 26, 2004

  2. debracom IT

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "debracom IT" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to build my own UIR receiver(+sender but first the receiver has
    > to work :))
    > The thing is, there are a lot of opensources available for serial
    > interfacing (RS232), but the serial USB isn't commonly known as I have
    > searched lots of pages on google without any succes.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Sep 26, 2004