UK developers wanted for online academic research survey

Discussion in 'C++' started by kentfield, Dec 20, 2010.

  1. kentfield

    kentfield Guest

    I am a developer, and as such I am acutely aware of many of the user
    issues that coders face during the
    developer process. I am also aware of the lack of facts available to
    support claims about the working
    environment, development environment and background of software
    developers in the UK.

    Thus, I am taking this opportunity to conduct the first survey that I
    am aware of to document the working
    environment, development environment and background of as many of the
    300,000 software developers that
    exist in the UK (according to the office of national statistics) as
    possible.

    This short survey is open to anyone currently in the UK who has
    developed, or is currently developing, a
    user interface of some kind. The user interface could be a computer
    application, mobile device, website,
    Flash app, DVD player, or internet-enabled fridge, indeed anything
    that involves a computing device
    interacting with an end user.

    www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZXCD6

    I will be making public the results of the survey on my website
    (www.kentfield.co.uk). Graphs of the
    initial un-analysed 63 results received so far are already available.
    The full results will follow in
    the new year.

    Thank you in advance,
    Sally Kentfield
    kentfield, Dec 20, 2010

  2. On Dec 20, 10:43 am, kentfield <> wrote:
    > I am a developer, and as such I am acutely aware of many of the user
    > issues that coders face during the
    > developer process. I am also aware of the lack of facts available to
    > support claims about the working
    > environment, development environment and background  of software
    > developers in the UK.
    >
    > Thus, I am taking this opportunity to conduct the first survey that I
    > am aware of to document the working
    > environment, development environment and background of as many of the
    > 300,000 software developers that
    > exist in the UK (according to the office of  national statistics) as
    > possible.
    >
    > This short survey is open to anyone currently in the UK who has
    > developed, or is currently developing, a
    > user interface of some kind. The user interface could be a computer
    > application, mobile device, website,
    > Flash app, DVD player, or internet-enabled fridge,  indeed anything
    > that involves a computing device
    > interacting with an end user.
    >
    > www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZXCD6
    >
    > I will be making public the results of the survey on my website
    > (www.kentfield.co.uk). Graphs of the
    > initial un-analysed 63 results received so far are already available.
    > The full results will follow in
    > the new year.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Sally Kentfield