UK Recruitment for Junior Perl Developer

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Allan, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Ladies and Gents. I am a Recruitment Consultant currently engaged by a
    client in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) to find 2 junior Perl Developers.

    The role will suit a recent graduate with 1 years commercial experience
    (either post grad or placement) who is looking for an entry level role.
    Our client needs Perl, PHP, MySQL and Apache experience. This is a
    permanent role with an expanding company where training and career
    progression are assured.

    If anybody is interested, please reply to this posting, e-mail me at
    allan dot wroe at mayfieldcurzon dot com or check out the job posting
    on

    http://www.jobserve.com/WA88D227B9222C3DC.job

    Happy hunting.

    Allan, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Robert Hicks wrote:

    > Allan wrote:
    > > Ladies and Gents. I am a Recruitment Consultant currently engaged by a
    > > client in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) to find 2 junior Perl Developers.
    > >

    > > The role will suit a recent graduate with 1 years commercial experience
    > > (either post grad or placement) who is looking for an entry level role.
    > > Our client needs Perl, PHP, MySQL and Apache experience. This is a
    > > permanent role with an expanding company where training and career
    > > progression are assured.
    > >
    > > If anybody is interested, please reply to this posting, e-mail me at
    > > allan dot wroe at mayfieldcurzon dot com or check out the job posting
    > > on
    > >
    > > http://www.jobserve.com/WA88D227B9222C3DC.job
    > >
    > > Happy hunting.

    > Another place to post is: jobs.perl.org
    >
    > Robert

    Appreciated. Thanks Robert.

    Allan, Aug 14, 2006

  3. On 2006-08-14, Allan <> wrote:
    > Ladies and Gents. I am a Recruitment Consultant currently engaged by a
    > client in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) to find 2 junior Perl Developers.

    You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

    Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

    Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    probably already notified them as well.

    If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

    http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

    Yours for a better usenet,

    dha

    "Look, vultures! My dress is made of steaks!"
    - Allison Drennan

    David H. Adler, Aug 15, 2006
  4. Allan

    Allan Guest

    David H. Adler wrote:
    > On 2006-08-14, Allan <> wrote:
    > > Ladies and Gents. I am a Recruitment Consultant currently engaged by a
    > > client in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) to find 2 junior Perl Developers.

    > You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.
    >
    > Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    > groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    > technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.
    >
    > Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    > "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    > n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    > Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    > news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    > http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).
    >
    > Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    > postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    > mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    > probably already notified them as well.
    >
    > If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    > administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.
    >
    > http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you
    >
    > Yours for a better usenet,
    >
    > dha
    >
    > --
    > David H. Adler - <> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
    > "Look, vultures! My dress is made of steaks!"
    > - Allison Drennan

    David,

    I appreciate your sentiments, although I don't understand why you would
    want to restrict a fellow techie who might see a good work opportunity.
    Those who aren't interested don't have to read it do they?

    Bottom line there's no real harm done is there?

    Besides that, not being a techie myself I was totally unaware of forum
    ettiquette. Thanks for the tip on Jobs.Perl.Org, I didn't even know it
    existed.

    Allan.

    Allan, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Allan

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    Allan schreef:

    > Bottom line there's no real harm done is there?

    Stop making it worse. The door is over there -->

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Aug 16, 2006
  6. Allan

    -berlin.de Guest

    Allan <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > David H. Adler wrote:
    > > On 2006-08-14, Allan <> wrote:
    > > > Ladies and Gents. I am a Recruitment Consultant currently engaged by a
    > > > client in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) to find 2 junior Perl Developers.

    > > You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    [snip]

    > David,
    >
    > I appreciate your sentiments, although I don't understand why you would
    > want to restrict a fellow techie who might see a good work opportunity.

    It's off topic, that's why.

    > Those who aren't interested don't have to read it do they?

    I'm getting *very* fed up with this argument. Newsgroups have charters
    so that we don't spend all day skipping articles that don't belong here.
    Yours doesn't belong here.

    > Bottom line there's no real harm done is there?

    There is.

    > Besides that, not being a techie myself I was totally unaware of forum
    > ettiquette.

    We can tell. So please stop teaching us how to run the newsgroup.

    Anno

    -berlin.de, Aug 16, 2006