<ul> and <li question>

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gordan, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Gordan

    Gordan Guest

    Hi!

    if I write:
    SOME TEXT
    <ul>
    <li>first
    <li>second
    </ul>

    its going to look like this:
    SOME TEXT
    empty line
    *first
    *second

    is there a way to get rid of the empty line??
    I just want to get the following so if there's another way besides <ul> and
    <li> please write it (besides tables, I know I can do that :)))

    TEXT
    *first
    *second

    thanks,
    Gordan
    Gordan, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Gordan

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:31:02 +0100, "Gordan" <>
    wrote:

    : if I write:
    : SOME TEXT
    : <ul>
    : <li>first
    : <li>second
    : </ul>
    :
    : its going to look like this:
    : SOME TEXT
    : empty line
    : *first
    : *second
    :
    : is there a way to get rid of the empty line??

    <ul style="margin-bottom:0">
    <li>first
    ..
    ..

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Gordan

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Gordan" <> wrote:

    >if I write:
    >SOME TEXT
    ><ul>
    > <li>first
    > <li>second
    ></ul>
    >
    >its going to look like this:
    >SOME TEXT
    >empty line
    > *first
    > *second
    >
    >is there a way to get rid of the empty line??
    >I just want to get the following so if there's another way besides <ul> and
    ><li> please write it (besides tables, I know I can do that :)))
    >
    >TEXT
    > *first
    > *second

    ul {margin-top: 0; padding-top: 0;}

    Plus the same with margin-bottom and padding-bottom on whatever
    element contains the SOME TEXT.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Robert Frost-Bridges, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Gordan

    Gordan Guest

    if I put
    ul {margin-top:-1em;}
    in my CSS file then ul and first li get one over each odder, but ul {
    margin-top:0em; }works fine

    THANKS guys
    Gordan, Nov 18, 2003