<ul> & <il> gives 1 more line?

affiliateian

I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

Leonard Blaisdell

I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

URL?

leo

dorayme

I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

You need to use <li> rather than <il>, the latter is known to
give tricky results.

And you can control the line heights and where all goes up to a
point by such things as setting line-height, margins, padding,
list-style-position, styling any containing box the ul might be
sitting in and so on...

affiliateian

Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.

What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
the CDD but nothing happened:

LI { margin: 0; }

When I tried this:

UL { margin: 0; }

it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.

Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

dorayme

Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.

What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
the CDD but nothing happened:

LI { margin: 0; }

When I tried this:

UL { margin: 0; }

it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.

Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

That is because the before (default) and after is margin: 0. To
make a big effect, choose some other value. Like -5px? or 20px or
-10px...

But first, try the following and describe exactly - exactly -
what it is you want and maybe someone, even me, can tell you what
to put in the css style (nothing there in the following):

<head>
<title>A simple list</title>
charset=ISO-8859-1">

<!--

-->

</head>

<ul>
<li>The baffled young trader</li>
<li>The desert crossing</li>
<li>The fork an army faced</li>
<li>Missionaries and cannibals</li>
<li>The missing king</li>
<li>The camel skin trader</li>
<li>The king's daughters</li>
<li>Poo &amp; Piglet take a walk</li>
<li>Three wise men</li>
<li>The liar and the truth teller</li>
</ul>

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.

What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
the CDD but nothing happened:

LI { margin: 0; }

When I tried this:

UL { margin: 0; }

it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.

Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

Try this:

UL { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }

That'll keep the side margins to the default.

affiliateian

This worked:

UL { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }

5 stars for you! Thanks again!