    looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
    it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?
    , Apr 1, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
    > looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
    > it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

    URL?

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Apr 1, 2006

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
    > looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
    > it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

    You need to use <li> rather than <il>, the latter is known to
    give tricky results.

    And you can control the line heights and where all goes up to a
    point by such things as setting line-height, margins, padding,
    list-style-position, styling any containing box the ul might be
    sitting in and so on...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 1, 2006

    Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.

    What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
    the CDD but nothing happened:

    LI { margin: 0; }

    When I tried this:

    UL { margin: 0; }

    it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.

    Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?
    , Apr 1, 2006
  5. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.
    >
    > What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
    > the CDD but nothing happened:
    >
    > LI { margin: 0; }
    >
    > When I tried this:
    >
    > UL { margin: 0; }
    >
    > it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.
    >
    > Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

    That is because the before (default) and after is margin: 0. To
    make a big effect, choose some other value. Like -5px? or 20px or
    -10px...

    But first, try the following and describe exactly - exactly -
    what it is you want and maybe someone, even me, can tell you what
    to put in the css style (nothing there in the following):

    <head>
    <title>A simple list</title>
    charset=ISO-8859-1">

    <!--

    -->

    </head>

    <ul>
    <li>The baffled young trader</li>
    <li>The desert crossing</li>
    <li>The fork an army faced</li>
    <li>Missionaries and cannibals</li>
    <li>The missing king</li>
    <li>The camel skin trader</li>
    <li>The king's daughters</li>
    <li>Poo &amp; Piglet take a walk</li>
    <li>Three wise men</li>
    <li>The liar and the truth teller</li>
    </ul>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 1, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.
    >
    > What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
    > the CDD but nothing happened:
    >
    > LI { margin: 0; }
    >
    > When I tried this:
    >
    > UL { margin: 0; }
    >
    > it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.
    >
    > Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

    Try this:

    UL { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }

    That'll keep the side margins to the default.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Apr 1, 2006

    This worked:

    UL { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }

    5 stars for you! Thanks again!
    , Apr 1, 2006