    Username/Password: h30

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    Marc

    Marc, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Marc

    Peter Smit Guest

    Marc wrote:
    > Hi gurus,
    >
    > I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
    > (<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it displays
    > fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right. I've messed
    > around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix it. I wondered
    > if someone else might spot the problem?
    >
    > The best page to see the problem is at the address below, as the content
    > is mainly a list, and so is the navigation menu on the left.
    >
    > http://www.h30workout.co.uk/why-h30
    > Username/Password: h30
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated!
    >
    > Marc

    looks almost the same to me in IE and Moz
    Peter

    Peter Smit, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Marc

    dorayme Guest

    In article <45be470d$0$6360$>,
    Peter Smit <> wrote:

    > Marc wrote:
    > > Hi gurus,
    > >
    > > I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
    > > (<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it displays
    > > fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right. I've messed
    > > around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix it. I wondered
    > > if someone else might spot the problem?
    > >
    > > The best page to see the problem is at the address below, as the content
    > > is mainly a list, and so is the navigation menu on the left.
    > >
    > > http://www.h30workout.co.uk/why-h30
    > > Username/Password: h30
    > >
    > > Any help would be much appreciated!
    > >
    > > Marc

    > looks almost the same to me in IE and Moz
    > Peter

    These days, it is probably important to mention whether IE6 or
    IE7 or both are being referred to.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Marc

    BootNic Guest

    > Marc <> wrote:
    > Hi gurus,
    >
    > I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
    > (<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it
    > displays fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right.
    > I've messed around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix
    > it. I wondered if someone else might spot the problem?

    [snip]

    Different browsers may have different default margins and padding on
    elements. Perhaps even different versions of the same browser.

    Adding the following may resolve the issue for this example.
    ul,li {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;

    BootNic Monday, January 29, 2007 7:50 PM

    The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there
    are to laugh at it.
    *Bill Nye*

    BootNic, Jan 30, 2007
  5. Marc

    Marc Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > These days, it is probably important to mention whether IE6 or
    > IE7 or both are being referred to.

    Good point, I was referring to IE7 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

    Marc

    Marc, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Marc

    Marc Guest

    BootNic wrote:
    > Different browsers may have different default margins and padding on
    > elements. Perhaps even different versions of the same browser.
    >
    > Adding the following may resolve the issue for this example.
    > ul,li {
    > margin: 0;
    > padding: 0;
    > }

    But should this be added before or after the main CSS rules?

    Marc

    Marc, Jan 30, 2007
  7. Marc

    BootNic Guest

    > Marc <> wrote:
    > BootNic wrote:
    >> Different browsers may have different default margins and padding on
    >> elements. Perhaps even different versions of the same browser.
    >>
    >> Adding the following may resolve the issue for this example.
    >> ul,li {
    >> margin: 0;
    >> padding: 0;
    >> }

    > But should this be added before or after the main CSS rules?

    From what I recall of the styles in use it should function
    regardless of where you insert it.

    It may be added at the bottom, the other rules will
    override it.

    --
    BootNic Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:26 AM

    Behind every successful woman...is a substantial amount of coffee.
    *Stephanie Piro*

    BootNic, Jan 30, 2007