ul/li alignment problem in IE

Marc

Hi gurus,

I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
(<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it displays
fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right. I've messed
around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix it. I wondered
if someone else might spot the problem?

The best page to see the problem is at the address below, as the content
is mainly a list, and so is the navigation menu on the left.

http://www.h30workout.co.uk/why-h30
Username/Password: h30

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marc

Peter Smit

Marc said:
Hi gurus,

I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
(<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it displays
fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right. I've messed
around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix it. I wondered
if someone else might spot the problem?

The best page to see the problem is at the address below, as the content
is mainly a list, and so is the navigation menu on the left.

http://www.h30workout.co.uk/why-h30
Username/Password: h30

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marc
looks almost the same to me in IE and Moz
Peter

dorayme

Peter Smit said:
looks almost the same to me in IE and Moz
Peter

These days, it is probably important to mention whether IE6 or
IE7 or both are being referred to.

BootNic

Marc said:
news: (e-mail address removed)
Hi gurus,

I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on. In IE lists
(<ul>) are pushed to the right for some reason. In Firefox it
displays fine, but IE deems it necessary to push them to the right.
I've messed around with margins and paddings but I can't seem to fix
it. I wondered if someone else might spot the problem?
[snip]

Different browsers may have different default margins and padding on
elements. Perhaps even different versions of the same browser.

Adding the following may resolve the issue for this example.
ul,li {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;

BootNic Monday, January 29, 2007 7:50 PM

The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there
are to laugh at it.
*Bill Nye*

Marc

dorayme said:
These days, it is probably important to mention whether IE6 or
IE7 or both are being referred to.

Good point, I was referring to IE7 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Marc

Marc

BootNic said:
Different browsers may have different default margins and padding on
elements. Perhaps even different versions of the same browser.

Adding the following may resolve the issue for this example.
ul,li {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

But should this be added before or after the main CSS rules?

Marc

BootNic

Marc said:
news: (e-mail address removed)

But should this be added before or after the main CSS rules?

From what I recall of the styles in use it should function
regardless of where you insert it.

It may be added at the bottom, the other rules will
override it.