* Ultra Newbie HTML Question *

Julia Briggs

Hello, I have (hopefully for one of you) a fairly un-difficult table
problem. I am pretty good at HTML, but this one has been bugging me
out to get working -- so here it goes, hopefully *there* is a
high-level expert out there who can solve this!

I have a bunch of stuff wrapped in a table that goes through a
loop....

TABLE LOOP>

Bunch of PHP code, nestested tables, graphics, queries database, etc..

So the loop runs and runs, and as it is each table stacks on top of
each other vertically -- as it normally would if you put two tables
side by side... but I would rather have them literally appear next to
each other on the screen. Now obviously I know you can't put tables
explicitly side by side and expect that... so what I would like to do
is wrap something around this table chunk in order to have them flow
out to the right -- AND depending on the size of the open browser,
shuffle them underneath each other as well so all of the available
screen space is optimized.

I hope someone out there can give me an approach to get this working
or my project is going to hell! :()

Thanks!!!!

Sincerely,

Julia Briggs

brucie

So the loop runs and runs, and as it is each table stacks on top of
each other vertically -- as it normally would if you put two tables
side by side... but I would rather have them literally appear next to
each other on the screen.

table{display:inline;} but browser implementation is a bit dodgy (or non
existent)

Spartanicus

brucie said:
table{display:inline;}

Or the correct way: table{display:inline-table}
but browser implementation is a bit dodgy (or non existent)

Indeed, only Opera supports inline-table, which is why a hack is
required:

table.inline{display:inline-table}
..inline{display:inline}

A proper UA will use inline-table (Opera), less capable clients
(Mozilla, IE) will use inline.