Ultra-simple CMS for 1 page

KiwiBrian

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?
I am reasonably familiar with HTML and CSS, but that is about the limit of
my skills.
I have seen many criticisms of scripts etc., hence my desire for a
recommendation from personal experience.
Thanks for any replies
Brian Tozer

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?

Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.

What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
sure. :)

KiwiBrian

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian

Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.

What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
sure. :)

Thanks for your reply Mark.
I may have made a mistake by simplifying my example down to the bare
minimum.
Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
familiarity with it.
Brian..

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
familiarity with it.

It will depend then on what your server is capable of, but I'd suggest
you check out http://opensourcecms.com/ - you can trial a whole pile of
CMSes, before you actually try setting one up on your server.

Also, check with your host - they may have one or more that can be
installed automatically. At least that way you don't need to worry about
installing it, just configuring it.

Good luck. :)

JDS

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?
I am reasonably familiar with HTML and CSS, but that is about the limit of
my skills.
I have seen many criticisms of scripts etc., hence my desire for a
recommendation from personal experience.
Thanks for any replies
Brian Tozer

Download and install a free one. For what you want, a Wiki might be good.

Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com for help