    recommendation from personal experience.
    Thanks for any replies
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, May 18, 2006

  2. KiwiBrian

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
    > script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
    > upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?

    Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
    script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
    it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.

    What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
    someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
    sure. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:
    Mark Parnell, May 18, 2006

  3. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
    >> script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website
    >> and
    >> upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming
    >> month?

    > Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
    > script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
    > it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.
    >
    > What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
    > someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
    > sure. :)

    Thanks for your reply Mark.
    I may have made a mistake by simplifying my example down to the bare
    minimum.
    Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
    implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
    that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
    capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
    familiarity with it.
    Brian..
    KiwiBrian, May 19, 2006
  4. KiwiBrian

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
    > implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
    > that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
    > capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
    > familiarity with it.

    It will depend then on what your server is capable of, but I'd suggest
    you check out http://opensourcecms.com/ - you can trial a whole pile of
    CMSes, before you actually try setting one up on your server.

    Also, check with your host - they may have one or more that can be
    installed automatically. At least that way you don't need to worry about
    installing it, just configuring it.

    Good luck. :)

    Mark Parnell, May 19, 2006
  5. KiwiBrian

    JDS Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:51:42 +1200, KiwiBrian wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
    > script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
    > upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?
    > I am reasonably familiar with HTML and CSS, but that is about the limit of
    > my skills.
    > I have seen many criticisms of scripts etc., hence my desire for a
    > recommendation from personal experience.
    > Thanks for any replies
    > Brian Tozer

    Download and install a free one. For what you want, a Wiki might be good.

    Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com for help

    --
    JDS | lid
    JDS, May 19, 2006