UltraEdit and Python

gregory diaczok

How do I sent up Ultra Edit to work w/ Python?

How do I get Ultra Edit to run a Python script currently in the edit window
and supply results?

I can't figure out how to get Ultra Edit to invoke the Python debugger to
allow stepping through a Python script and view each line reults?

How do I set pause / break points in Ultra Edit for a Python script?

John Salerno

gregory said:
How do I sent up Ultra Edit to work w/ Python?

What do you mean?
How do I get Ultra Edit to run a Python script currently in the edit window
and supply results?

With much help from Kent Johnson, I have the following line set up in a
custom Tool Configuration:
C:\Python24\pythonw C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw -r "%f"

So I just press F5 and the script gets run in IDLE. I get the nice error
messages, or hopefully it just works! :)
I can't figure out how to get Ultra Edit to invoke the Python debugger to
allow stepping through a Python script and view each line reults?

Not sure about the debugger. Do you mean using the pdb module?
How do I set pause / break points in Ultra Edit for a Python script?

I don't think you can normally, but maybe you can write a macro to do
this. Not sure how though.

No

How do I sent up Ultra Edit to work w/ Python?

How do I get Ultra Edit to run a Python script currently in the edit window
and supply results?

I can't figure out how to get Ultra Edit to invoke the Python debugger to
allow stepping through a Python script and view each line reults?

Menu/Advanced/Tool Configuration: (Command tab)

Menu Item Name: Python
Command Line: "C:\Program Files\python24\python.exe" %F
Working Directory: C:\

Menu/Advanced/Tool Configuration: (Options tab)

Program Type: Dos Program

Menu/Advanced/Tool Configuration: (Output tab)

Command Output (DOC Commands): Output to List Box, Capture Output
Replace selected text with: No Replace

(This is with UltraStudio. Should be the same/similar in UltraEdit.)

How do I set pause / break points in Ultra Edit for a Python script?

If you find out, let me know by posting here...

-Rob

No

I'm replying to me...

I had intended to insert my reply above this paragraph. My reply below
DOESN'T allow stepping, just "run and view results".