ultrawebgrid binding to existing columns

Joe

I've been playing with the infragistics ultrawebgrid and I'm trying to
do something that seems like it should be a piece of cake.

I want to setup the columns, select a datasource and bind it
programmatically.

The way the example shows how to do it, is by looping through the
data. Which is fine, but I want the user to select different options
which can change the columns being displayed as well as the datasource
used to populate the datagrid. So, I'd prefer to set the columns and
then just bind the datagrid to which ever datasource I want.

I was doing this with the asp.net datagrid, but there are features
that the Ultragrid has that I'd like to use. I've also tried setting
it up like the asp.net datagrid. I set up the columns, enter the
datasource and then bind, but I get no data. If I autogenerate the
columns, it works, but I get a lot of data that I don't need.

I hope this is enough information to get some help. Thanks.

Joe

griffitd

Why don'y you hide the columns you don't want to be displayed, if you
are binding them all change the hidden property to true for ones you
don't want to display.