UML creators

ali

is there any tools for creating uml class diagrames from existing java
classes ??!

if there is could you suggest me the good ones

kris

ali said:
is there any tools for creating uml class diagrames from existing java
classes ??!

if there is could you suggest me the good ones

Yes you can download the IBM Rapid Application Developer . In that u
can create the UML for the existing classes.

Thanks & Regards
Krishna Prasad.VCVR.
09884536263.

IchBin

ali said:
is there any tools for creating uml class diagrames from existing java
classes ??!

if there is could you suggest me the good ones
Sure, you could use Oracle's JDeveloper. It has the ability to reverse
engineer classes to uml diagrams.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev

The free version of JUDE can also help you out.
http://objectclub.esm.co.jp/Jude/

In fact the JGRASP ide you can do it. Not sure how detailed it is since
I have not used for a while.
http://www.jgrasp.org

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

teja

Hi,
my 2 cents..
Try enterprise architect .
also rational rose does a pretty good job in reverse engineering java
classes to UML.

/tejas

Larry Barowski

IchBin said:
In fact the JGRASP ide you can do it. Not sure how detailed it is since I
have not used for a while.
http://www.jgrasp.org

The diagram is not detailed, but it is "live", and there is a
lot of off-diagram detail and functionality. For example,
you can click on a reference edge and see a list of the
references (fields and methods used), then click on any
reference in that list and get a list of the line numbers on
which it is used, from which you can jump to any of the
lines in the source (if source is available). This is quite
useful for finding and cleaning unwanted dependencies.
Because of the large amount of cross-reference
information that is processed, it gets pretty slow for
more than about fifty classes, so for medium to large
projects it may be useful for viewing subsets of the
classes only.