    drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).

    Cheers
    AD
    adeon, Apr 23, 2005

  2. adeon wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Do you know if there is any UML diagram tool that is capable of
    > exporting diagrams into MS Word as a Word drawing object - I want to
    > draw a sequence diagram in an user-friendly tool and then export it (or
    > copy&paste) to MSWord document as a word drawing, so I can double-click
    > it later (in Word) and edit (still being in Word).
    > I know, a bit odd but it's not my requirement - I simply want to avoid
    > drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).

    Microsoft Visio is one such tool.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys
    Ioannis Vranos, Apr 23, 2005

  3. You can try EventStudio 2.5. It generates sequence diagrams in
    the Enhanced Meta File (EMF) format supported by Microsoft Word.

    The tool does not allow double clicking to edit the sequence diagram,
    but it will allow you to autolink the generated sequence diagrams
    so that regeneration of the diagrams is automatically reflected
    in the Word document.

    Also note that unlike Visio, you can generate multi-page sequence
    diagrams and export them to Word with a single command.

    You can find more information at:
    http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio

    Deepa
    EventHelix.com, Apr 24, 2005
  4. adeon

    adeon Guest

    adeon napisa³(a):

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Do you know if there is any UML diagram tool that is capable of
    > exporting diagrams into MS Word as a Word drawing object - I want to
    > draw a sequence diagram in an user-friendly tool and then export it (or
    > copy&paste) to MSWord document as a word drawing, so I can double-click
    > it later (in Word) and edit (still being in Word).
    > I know, a bit odd but it's not my requirement - I simply want to avoid
    > drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).
    >
    > Cheers
    > AD

    I have found out that it can be achieved with every tool that is capable
    of exporting diagrams to windows metafile format.

    Cheers
    AD
    adeon, Apr 24, 2005