Umlaut and accented characters are scrambles by the form transmission.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anna Kavan, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. Anna Kavan

    Anna Kavan Guest

    I have data displayed in a list box on a UTF-8 encoded page as:

    Lansförsäkringar Bank & Försäkring

    These exist are pure ASCII, (without using HTML entities)

    The data is transmitted to another page using javascript submit():

    getObj("frmSearch").submit()

    On receipt the data is now displayed as:

    Lansf%u00f6rs%u00e4kringar Bank %26 F%u00f6rs%u00e4kring

    The data is being received using the statement:

    string _SP_PensionFundName = FormData[iIndex]

    Where FormData is a NameValueCollection, in particular it is
    Request.Form

    What is the solution to my problem?, please, pretty please.

    Anna Kavan, Oct 31, 2006