un-visiting visited links

Beltone Hearing Aids

hi folks

to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page (ie, if you imade
the "visited" color somewhat lacklustre), is there any way to "un-visit" a
page that you've visited?

sounds metaphysical, eh?

Beltone

asdf

Beltone Hearing Aids said:
hi folks

to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page (ie, if you imade
the "visited" color somewhat lacklustre), is there any way to "un-visit" a
page that you've visited?

sounds metaphysical, eh?

Beltone

Delete your browser's history.

dorayme

"asdf said:
Delete your browser's history.

OP might mean they have made a website but they are not pleased with how
it looks when folk visit links. Solution is to make sure the visited
links are CSSd to reflect a reasonable indication of the visited status
but one that suits the site. OP should check to see he sets

a:visited {color:...; background: ...;}

and not leave it to the default supplied by the browser.

Or simply to make the visited links indistinguishable to the unvisited
ones. This suggestion should stir you lot up a bit. How about you, asdf,
how about a CAPITAL LETTER filled flaming response where you make like
an auto immune system gone wild - as you did to entertain me so in a
thread about the humble paragraph? <g>

asdf

dorayme said:
OP might mean they have made a website but they are not pleased with how
it looks when folk visit links.

a) The OP didn't ask that, or did not make it clear
Solution is to make sure the visited
links are CSSd to reflect a reasonable indication of the visited status
but one that suits the site. OP should check to see he sets

a:visited {color:...; background: ...;}

and not leave it to the default supplied by the browser.

Or simply to make the visited links indistinguishable to the unvisited
ones. This suggestion should stir you lot up a bit. How about you, asdf,
how about a CAPITAL LETTER filled flaming response where you make like
an auto immune system gone wild - as you did to entertain me so in a
thread about the humble paragraph? <g>

b) Get a life. You just can't let anything go, can you? You obviously have
no clients. You've got plenty of time to bignote yourself in here anyways.

c) I did not flame you in that thread. You confounded your own logic through
your obtuse, muddy and obfuscated language. I *may* have got a little
frustrated by your willful ignorance and refusal to accept rational
argument. For that, I apologise (as I already have done). So please... let
it go.

d) If you can't come up with anything practical and constructive how about a
nice steaming cup of STFU?

dorayme

"asdf said:
"dorayme"

a) The OP didn't ask that, or did not make it clear

So my "OP might mean" is worth confronting and yet it is me, not you,

(Note this above for later. Let us call it something so we can refer to
it. How about "stoneTheCrow")
b) Get a life. You just can't let anything go, can you? You obviously have
no clients.

Care to put money on your big mouth? It can be arranged.
c) I did not flame you in that thread.

You tried to beat me into a pulp. I still walk with a limp, see only
through one eye.
d) If you can't come up with anything practical and constructive how about a
nice steaming cup of STFU?
Ah, now this is where stoneTheCrow comes into the picture...

asdf

dorayme said:
So my "OP might mean" is worth confronting and yet it is me, not you,

(Note this above for later. Let us call it something so we can refer to
it. How about "stoneTheCrow")

Care to put money on your big mouth? It can be arranged.

You tried to beat me into a pulp. I still walk with a limp, see only
through one eye.

Ah, now this is where stoneTheCrow comes into the picture...

I assume you are attempting to be entertaining. You are not.

Button it now.

dorayme

"asdf said:
I assume you are attempting to be entertaining. You are not.

Button it now.

I refuse, you will have to do it at your end. No need to let me know
about it.

rf

dorayme said:
OP might mean they have made a website but they are not pleased with
how it looks when folk visit links.

Not the way I read it. IMHO the OP wants to turn off "visited" so he can see
what his site looks like *during development*.

Why do you think the OP said

<quote>
to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page
</quote>

"Assess" for me does not mean "when folk visit links".

Got it wrong again dorayme? :)

John Hosking

Beltone said:
to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page (ie, if you imade
the "visited" color somewhat lacklustre), is there any way to "un-visit" a
page that you've visited?

There is an add-on for FF called Web Developer which has a feature to do
this (under Miscellaneous - Visited Links). You can choose to Mark All
Links Unvisited or Mark All Links Visited.

Neredbojias

There is an add-on for FF called Web Developer which has a feature to
do this (under Miscellaneous - Visited Links). You can choose to Mark
All Links Unvisited or Mark All Links Visited.

I use it all the time and was going to post the very same thing but you
beat me to it. :)

asdf

rf said:
Not the way I read it. IMHO the OP wants to turn off "visited" so he can
see what his site looks like *during development*.

Why do you think the OP said

<quote>
to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page
</quote>

"Assess" for me does not mean "when folk visit links".

Got it wrong again dorayme? :)

Sure smells like it to me :)

asdf

rf said:
Not the way I read it. IMHO the OP wants to turn off "visited" so he can
see what his site looks like *during development*.

Why do you think the OP said

<quote>
to assess the way "un-visited" hyperlinks look in a page
</quote>

"Assess" for me does not mean "when folk visit links".

Got it wrong again dorayme? :)

Yep, wrong again...

....but just wait... I'm sure she will have another solution, probably
involving tables and about 3 months' work ;), and will then go on to prove
that black is white, or *may* be white, or grey, or that strange colour your
whites go when you wash them in the washing machine with other colours too
much, and in any case black, white and grey look better on a mac.

Beltone Hearing Aids

And yet, I usually prefer non-violence. :)
I'm more of a blood-and-guts man. As long as they're not my own.

--

THANKS to Nered & John for helpful information.
the firefox plugin sounds right up my alley.