unable debugging client scripts VS 2008 Vista

Michal Valent

Hello,
I have tried all common procedures
like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k2h50zzs(VS.80).aspx
to convince my visual studio and IIS and IE to hit the breakpoint in
javascript in ASP NET application.
Unfortunatelly no success,
even no Script Documents will appear in Solution Explorer.

my configuration is

IE7 version 7.0.6001.18000
Update Versions:0; 3283;

visual studio 2008
9.0.21022.8 RTM

windows vista business SP1

Any idea ?
thank you
Miso

bruce barker

be sure vs2008 is attached to the browser and debug type of scripts (not
just managed code) is selected. you could also switch to ie 8.0, firefox
or safari all of which have debugging builtin (firefox requires firebug
addin).

-- bruce (sqlworkcom)

William Niver

Enable script debugging in the tools > options > advanced tab of IE, then it
should work.

William Niver