    Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Vighnesar

    vighnesh, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Vighnesh,

    Can you show us some of your code that you are using?

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Aug 4, 2005

  3. Vighnesh,

    Searching in the newsgroup, did I see that Paul Clement on 26th and 27th of
    july was helping you in this subject.

    I think that to get the best answer you would set this message as a reply to
    Paul in that messagethread. Paul is one of the experts in this. (You need an
    ini file for this, however Paul knows that much better than me).

    I hope this helps,

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Aug 4, 2005
  4. vighnesh

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:40:32 +0530, "vighnesh" <> wrote:

    ¤
    ¤ Hi All
    ¤ I am presently dealing with a project,in which I have to convert an XLS file
    ¤ into XML file.
    ¤ To accomplish this I have used Dataset as intermediatory to store the data
    ¤ from XLS and
    ¤ writting the data to XML file.
    ¤
    ¤ But unfortunately I am not getting Boolean and Numeric values from the given
    ¤ XLS file into
    ¤ Datset.For all other XLS file its working fine.So,can anyone please help me
    ¤ in this regard
    ¤ what went wrong with the XLS file.
    ¤

    If you have columns with a mix of alpha and numeric characters you need to add the IMEX parameter to
    your connection string.

    MyConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection( _
    "provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _
    "data source=D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\import.xls;" & _
    "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;IMEX=1""")

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Aug 4, 2005