Unable get Boolean and Numeric values from XLS into Dataset and Datagrid

vighnesh

Hi All
I am presently dealing with a project,in which I have to convert an XLS file
into XML file.
To accomplish this I have used Dataset as intermediatory to store the data
from XLS and
writting the data to XML file.

But unfortunately I am not getting Boolean and Numeric values from the given
XLS file into
Datset.For all other XLS file its working fine.So,can anyone please help me
in this regard
what went wrong with the XLS file.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Vighnesar

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Vighnesh,

Searching in the newsgroup, did I see that Paul Clement on 26th and 27th of
july was helping you in this subject.

I think that to get the best answer you would set this message as a reply to
Paul in that messagethread. Paul is one of the experts in this. (You need an
ini file for this, however Paul knows that much better than me).

I hope this helps,

Cor

Paul Clement

¤
¤ Hi All
¤ I am presently dealing with a project,in which I have to convert an XLS file
¤ into XML file.
¤ To accomplish this I have used Dataset as intermediatory to store the data
¤ from XLS and
¤ writting the data to XML file.
¤
¤ But unfortunately I am not getting Boolean and Numeric values from the given
¤ XLS file into
¤ Datset.For all other XLS file its working fine.So,can anyone please help me
¤ in this regard
¤ what went wrong with the XLS file.
¤

If you have columns with a mix of alpha and numeric characters you need to add the IMEX parameter to
your connection string.

MyConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection( _
"provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _
"data source=D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\import.xls;" & _
"Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;IMEX=1""")

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)