Unable to access internet via netbeans

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kshitij, Feb 19, 2008.

  1. Kshitij

    Kshitij Guest

    I have been trying to download plugins inside my company but i ab not
    able to connect to the internet. Do i need to have apecific proxy
    settings. I tried setting up the proxy settings in Netbeans but that
    didnt worked.

    Kindly let me know if there are any special settings tht are required
    in Netbeans

    Also any application I make that tries to access internet get this
    similar type of error:

    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

    Is this related to the netbeans not able to access internet?

    Kshitij, Feb 19, 2008

  2. Kshitij

    Donkey Hot Guest

    Kshitij <> wrote in news:71b8e862-2851-4f60-92d4-
    :

    > I have been trying to download plugins inside my company but i ab not
    > able to connect to the internet. Do i need to have apecific proxy
    > settings. I tried setting up the proxy settings in Netbeans but that
    > didnt worked.
    >
    > Kindly let me know if there are any special settings tht are required
    > in Netbeans
    >
    > Also any application I make that tries to access internet get this
    > similar type of error:
    >
    > java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    > at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    > at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    > at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    > at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    > at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
    > at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
    >
    > Is this related to the netbeans not able to access internet?

    Netbeans has no special needs for internet connectivity.

    Either your internet is down, or a software-firewall is blocking network
    from java.exe (if you are in Windows).

    Donkey Hot, Feb 19, 2008

  3. Kshitij

    Donkey Hot Guest

    Donkey Hot <-a-geek.com> wrote in

    > Netbeans has no special needs for internet connectivity.
    >
    > Either your internet is down, or a software-firewall is blocking network
    > from java.exe (if you are in Windows).

    ... or/and javaw.exe and netbeans.exe ...

    Donkey Hot, Feb 19, 2008