Unable to access the Web Service in a RSA secured/protected environment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Vaibhav Modak, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Hi all,
    I am working on MS .NET Alerts to be implemented at our site. We have our
    web applications in ASP 3.0

    I have created a local web service to access the MS notification web
    service. It is working fine in
    our local environment and I am able to send alerts in the Preproduction
    environment (PPE).

    We have RSA security implemented at our site. Our site requires Site ID on
    requests given to the server.
    Securid is activated at any time when a request is made to a protected site.

    Now the problem that I am facing is with accessing the web service from my
    ASP page.
    I have given a call in one of the ASP pages to the Web Service and trying to
    access the functions
    to send the actual alerts.

    Following is the Code for the same:
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------
    Dim oSOAP
    Set oSOAP = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
    oSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
    oSOAP.mssoapinit("http://<SERVERADDRESS>/SendAlertService/AlertSvc.asmx?WSDL
    ")
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------

    Here in the mssoapinit method, I am getting the following error :
    Error Type:
    WSDLReader (0x80020009)
    WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0,
    reason is: A connection with the server could not be established
    HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file
    failed
    HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the
    parameters supplied is invalid.
    HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

    The web service WSDL is running fine when run stand alone.
    I want a solution for accessing the web service through SOAP in RSA based
    environment.
    We also cannot set the RSA security off.

    This is very urgent for me as I have to implement the same as fast as
    possible.

    Thanks in advance...

    Regards,
    Vaibhav Modak