    They are physically copied to a Bin folder instead.

    How can I get this to work on my test server? How do other people handle this?

    Thanks!

    MichaelQuinlan, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Most likely an install of the Enterprise Library is all that you need. I am
    not sure, however, as I do not know what you have played with.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 13, 2007

  3. MichaelQuinlan

    sloan Guest

    I downloaded the EnterpriseLibrary project from msdn, and installed it.

    when you run through the installer, it compiles and gac's and creates all
    the files nicely for you.

    sloan, Dec 13, 2007
  4. Usually these assemblies are specified through entries in the web.config
    file. If, for example your entries specifiy strong-named assemblies that may
    be installed in the GAC and your web-server doesn't have them there, or the
    versions are different, that would be one cause of this type of issue.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Dec 13, 2007
  5. Does this mean the Enterprise Library needs to be installed on every computer
    the application will run on?

    I will try this. Thanks for the reply.

    MichaelQuinlan, Dec 13, 2007
  6. MichaelQuinlan

    sloan Guest

    No, the developer machine can build them.

    Then you can copy them to a common "ThirdPartySourceReferences" folder or
    something like that. And reference them from there, and deploy them with
    you application.

    This is the option if you don't want to gac them on every deployment
    machine.

    Install the library on a development machine.
    Find (do a search for)
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary*.*

    Copy them (dlls and xmls ) to

    c:\common\ThirdPartySourceReferences\ (or whatever you want)

    Have your csproj or vbproj reference them from there.

    sloan, Dec 13, 2007