Unable to add webservice reference (on some machines)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Kirk Sinnard, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. Kirk Sinnard

    Kirk Sinnard Guest

    From Visual Studion 2003, I am unable to add a webservice reference on a given machine. When I try I get:

    Unable to download files from .
    http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx?wsdl
    Do you want to skip these files and continue?

    If I ask for a service description for http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx I get:

    The document was understood, but it could not be processed.
    - The WSDL document contains links that could not be resolved.
    - There was an error downloading 'http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx?schema=dsCallInfo'.
    - The request failed with the error message:
    --
    File or assembly name cmjlqlmd.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    --.

    I can browse to http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx?wsdl or http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx?schema with no problem but get:

    The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
    Please try the following:
    Open the kirk-lt home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    You can also see a list of related sites.
    HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

    when browsing to http://kirk-lt/PTCBackend/DataService.asmx?schema=dsCallInfo

    Note that dsCallInfo is a Typed DataSet.

    Please note that a duplicate project on a another machine works fine. I can even copy executables from failing machine to working machine and they work fine.

    This must be some kind of security/permissions problem and I have checked all the obvious and compared working website and folder attributes, permissions, etc.
    Also note the cmjlqlmd.dll name that was named could not be found in the service description error message. I don't know exactly what this is, or where it was to reside.

    I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the cause of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kirk

    Kirk Sinnard, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Kirk Sinnard

    Guest Guest

    Hi Kirk,

    Did you ever resolve this problem? I am running into the same problem right now and it is very frustrating. If i don't get this to work, i have lost countless hours of work. Please Help!

    Marty Harris

    User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

    Guest, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Kirk Sinnard

    Guest, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Posting this multiple times ain't gonna help you.

    Stephany Young, Apr 20, 2005