Unable to bind data to page from System Timer Event handler

StanD

ASP.NET Server side System Timer setup as follows;
Tmr.Elapsed +=
new System.Timers.ElapsedEventHandler(ServiceTimer);
The event handler performs processing and posts status to a user control via
properties
and to prove a point, I am binding parameters directly into text boxes on
the client side form in an effort to report some status.
The controls are not not being updated on the client side. interaction does
not work from within the event handler. Am I missing something basic here?