Unable to cast object

Dave

I have a master page and a content page to that master.

When I try to work with them I get an inconsistent error of casting ability
and it happens irregularly, which means sometimes it can work and sometimes
not, without making any changes to the code.

Is this a bug concern? Or do you have any advice for this issue?

Here is the error message I get:

Server Error in '/LocalIms' Application.

Unable to cast object of type 'ASP.masterims_master' to type 'MasterIms'.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of
type 'ASP.masterims_master' to type 'MasterIms'.

Source Error:

Line 22: protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

Line 23: {

Line 24: MasterIms master = (MasterIms)this.Master;

Line 25: master.LeftBarPlayerVisibility = false;

Line 26: master.LeftBarSearchVisibility = true;

Source File: c:\Documents and Settings\liors\Desktop\LocalIms\Sm.aspx.cs
Line: 24

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'ASP.masterims_master'
to type 'MasterIms'.]

Sm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and
Settings\liors\Desktop\LocalIms\Sm.aspx.cs:24

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
Object t, EventArgs e) +13

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +45

includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3745

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave said:
I have a master page and a content page to that master.
recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

I've not started using that technology yet so I cannot attempt an answer
here.