Unable to conext to a web service on machine with a chinese hostname

mkellerm

I have a Windows Form client that talks to an ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service.
Everything works fine when the host name of the web service contains
only Latin characters. The proxy class that the Winforms client is
using in the proxy class that Visual Studio automagically generates for
you.

If the hostname of the server contains chinese characters the web
request fails with error.

Servers to be unable to deal with the request. TOP 10 : invalid URI
hosts were unable analysis

If I change the URL to use either the IP address or localhost it works
fine.

I have tried UrlEscaping the URL but that doesn't work either.

Any Suggestions?
-Marcus