Unable to conext to a web service on machine with a chinese hostname

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mkellerm, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. mkellerm

    mkellerm Guest

    I have a Windows Form client that talks to an ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service.
    Everything works fine when the host name of the web service contains
    only Latin characters. The proxy class that the Winforms client is
    using in the proxy class that Visual Studio automagically generates for
    you.

    If the hostname of the server contains chinese characters the web
    request fails with error.

    Servers to be unable to deal with the request. TOP 10 : invalid URI
    hosts were unable analysis

    If I change the URL to use either the IP address or localhost it works
    fine.

    I have tried UrlEscaping the URL but that doesn't work either.

    Any Suggestions?
    -Marcus

    mkellerm, Jan 4, 2007