Unable to configure DNN 4.05.03 - Help needed

alee

Hi,

I am trying to configure DNN 4.05.03 on VS 2005 (DotNet 2) But i am
unable to get it working. I have followed the steps but i am being
failed continuously. Here is the detail what i have done and where i
get fail.

[*] I installed DNN 4.04.03 using VSI Installer. It installed
successfully.
[*] I created a DNN Project with HTTP server and the address was
http://localhost/dnntt3
[*] Now, I Opened C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ and assigned full rights to the
dnntt3 project directory for ASPNET user, CREATOR OWNER user. One
thing that I wanted to tell you here is that "Internet Guest Account"
and "Launch IIS Process Account" were set with "deny" permission on
"WRITE", rest permissions was empty for these accounts.
[*] Now after that, I run the project to configure it. The prompt
popup for debugging and i said Dont' Debug.
[*] Now when it run for the very first time, it gives me following
error "Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot
\dnntt3\Config\Backup_20078161953\web_.config'." and I refreshed the
page and the error was removed.
[*] I choose "Typical" settings with "English" selected.
[*] On the "Permission Test" page, it showed "your site passed
permission check".
[*] On "Configure Database Connection", it said "Connection Success".
(I am using SQL Server 2005 [Express]).
[*] On "Installing Database Scripts", I had this output
"Installing Database - Version 4.4.0...Success
Upgrading Database to Version 4.4.1...Success
Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.0...Success
Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.1...Success
Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.2...Success
Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.3...Success
Installation of Database Complete"
[*] On "Configure Host" i gave appropriate password and email address,
It moved on to next screen.
[*] On "Install Optional Module" I didn't select anything. Only 2 were
already Selected "Links (03.03.07)" and "HTML(04.05.00)". I clicked
next and I had this error
configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
specific error details below and modify your configuration file
appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The code subdirectory '/dnntt3/App_Code/HTML/'
does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 104: -->
Line 105: <codeSubDirectories>
Line 106: <add directoryName="HTML" />
Line 107: </codeSubDirectories>
Line 108: </compilation>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dnntt3\web.config Line: 106

Mike

here's what you do.

Get rid of DNN!

alee said:
[...]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Help me out!

Mike

From what I've experienced, by the time you install DNN, configure it, etc,
you can create your own portal in 2.0 quicker and easier.