Unable to configure DNN 4.05.03 - Help needed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by alee, Aug 16, 2007.

  1. alee

    alee Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to configure DNN 4.05.03 on VS 2005 (DotNet 2) But i am
    unable to get it working. I have followed the steps but i am being
    failed continuously. Here is the detail what i have done and where i
    get fail.

    [*] I installed DNN 4.04.03 using VSI Installer. It installed
    successfully.
    [*] I created a DNN Project with HTTP server and the address was
    http://localhost/dnntt3
    [*] Now, I Opened C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ and assigned full rights to the
    dnntt3 project directory for ASPNET user, CREATOR OWNER user. One
    thing that I wanted to tell you here is that "Internet Guest Account"
    and "Launch IIS Process Account" were set with "deny" permission on
    "WRITE", rest permissions was empty for these accounts.
    [*] Now after that, I run the project to configure it. The prompt
    popup for debugging and i said Dont' Debug.
    [*] Now when it run for the very first time, it gives me following
    error "Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot
    \dnntt3\Config\Backup_20078161953\web_.config'." and I refreshed the
    page and the error was removed.
    [*] I choose "Typical" settings with "English" selected.
    [*] On the "Permission Test" page, it showed "your site passed
    permission check".
    [*] On "Configure Database Connection", it said "Connection Success".
    (I am using SQL Server 2005 [Express]).
    [*] On "Installing Database Scripts", I had this output
    "Installing Database - Version 4.4.0...Success
    Upgrading Database to Version 4.4.1...Success
    Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.0...Success
    Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.1...Success
    Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.2...Success
    Upgrading Database to Version 4.5.3...Success
    Installation of Database Complete"
    [*] On "Configure Host" i gave appropriate password and email address,
    It moved on to next screen.
    [*] On "Install Optional Module" I didn't select anything. Only 2 were
    already Selected "Links (03.03.07)" and "HTML(04.05.00)". I clicked
    next and I had this error
    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: The code subdirectory '/dnntt3/App_Code/HTML/'
    does not exist.

    Source Error:

    Line 104: -->
    Line 105: <codeSubDirectories>
    Line 106: <add directoryName="HTML" />
    Line 107: </codeSubDirectories>
    Line 108: </compilation>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dnntt3\web.config Line: 106

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

    Help me out!

    alee, Aug 16, 2007

  2. "alee" <> wrote in message

    > Help me out!

    What did they tell you on the DNN forums...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 16, 2007

  3. alee

    Mike Guest

    here's what you do.

    Get rid of DNN!

    Mike, Aug 16, 2007
  4. "Mike" <> wrote in message

    > here's what you do.
    >
    > Get rid of DNN!

    I totally agree!

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 16, 2007
  5. alee

    Mike Guest

    From what I've experienced, by the time you install DNN, configure it, etc,
    you can create your own portal in 2.0 quicker and easier.

    Mike, Aug 16, 2007
  6. "Mike" <> wrote in message

    > From what I've experienced, by the time you install DNN, configure it,
    > etc, you can create your own portal in 2.0 quicker and easier.

    Definitely!

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP