Unable to connect to Access database - Not a valid account name or password.

SSP

Hi All,

Sorry for cross posting, but I am not sure where the problem is.

Problem:
I am not able to connect to any of my Access databases using "Microsoft Jet
4.0 OLE DB Provider".
I had no problems before but since last Saturday, I've been getting a "Not a
valid account name or password" error.

I have no problems connecting using the "MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC
Drivers" or any other methods.

Anyone's got any ideas :-(

SSP

Jeff Cochran

Sorry for cross posting, but I am not sure where the problem is.

Most likely not IIS, and from the description it's tough to tell where
might be appropriate.
Problem:
I am not able to connect to any of my Access databases using "Microsoft Jet
4.0 OLE DB Provider".
I had no problems before but since last Saturday, I've been getting a "Not a
valid account name or password" error.

I have no problems connecting using the "MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC
Drivers" or any other methods.

Anyone's got any ideas :-(

Well, the obvious. What changed last Saturday, what account are you
using and what happened when you tried another account/password or
reset the password on what you were using?

Followups reset to the .NET groups only, which I don't monitor, sorry.

Jeff
Jeff Cochran (IIS MVP)
(e-mail address removed) - Munged of Course
===================================
I don't get much time to respond to direct email,
so posts here will have a better chance of getting
an answer. Besides, everyone benefits here.
Suggested resources:
http://www.iisfaq.com/
http://www.iisanswers.com/
http://www.iistoolshed.com/