Unable to connect to database via webservce

Saira

Hi all
I have taken on a project from another developer and am experiencing some
problems.
To give some background, the application was running smoothly (client talks
to web service, web service goes to database, web service returns data,
client displays data).
We then upgraded to SQL Server 2005. The machine is a new box.
Now when I run the application, if the web service is running on my local
machine, under localhost, I do not have a problem, if it is running on a
webserver, it does not seem to connect to the database at all.
A query accessing the database from the client application works fine, and a
trace shows it up.
When the web service queries the database, nothing appears in the trace on
the SQL Server box.
I am running in a mixed mode, Windows 2003 environment. The connection from
the web service is via a SQL login. I have setup delegation between the web
server and the SQL box. I have checked the permissions and these seem fine
(as testified by the fact that it works when the web service is running
locally)
Anyone have any thoughts? I'll try pretty much anything at the moment.

TIA
Saira

Saira

I am pretty sure it is pointing to the correct location. like i said, the
webservice works fine and gets data out of the database correctly when it
runs as local host, it's just when i put it on the server that i have a
problem. this is why i am wondering whether it is a delegation issue.
however, the delegation seems fine. i am runnign teh database and the web
server using the local system account (so no need to register SPNs) and have
delegated in Active Directory to the SQL Server service.
I had anonymous access and integrated security enabled on the web server and
was not getting any error messages, just a time out. when i changed this to
remove anonymous access, i got 401.2. I thought that i had to disallow
anonymous access if i was enabling delegation, is that correct?

Tearing my hair out here, it's so frustrating!!!

Saira

Praveen

hai Saira

Are you poienting to correctly to database ??(I mean by speciying IP address
only not using localhost) and
is your server system is containing MDAC components ??? .... (Sql client
Components To get data from SQL server system to ur webservice)