Unable to connect to Oracle 10g Free Express Edition from NetBean IDE

javadev

Hello

I am trying to connect to an Oracle 10g Free Express Edition database
that is running on the local machine from the NetBeans IDE.

I am using the driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.
The database URL has been input as:
jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:localhost:1521:eek:rcl

However I get the error: "Unable to add connection, null". I have also
tried various other combinations of the URL with Ip address and other
local ports.

Could someone please suggest if I am making some mistake here.

Thanks
SS

jcsnippets.atspace.com

javadev said:
Hello

I am trying to connect to an Oracle 10g Free Express Edition database
that is running on the local machine from the NetBeans IDE.

I am using the driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.
The database URL has been input as:
jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:localhost:1521:eek:rcl

However I get the error: "Unable to add connection, null". I have also
tried various other combinations of the URL with Ip address and other
local ports.

Could someone please suggest if I am making some mistake here.

Without seeing more of your code, it's hard to tell whether or not there is
an error in there, somewhere.

Although I haven't seen that specific error before, I suggest you give it
another try, this time using the Oracle drivers (supplied with 10g) instead
of the Sun driver you mentioned. More info can be found on the following
page:
http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/java/database/connect-to-oracle-database.html
..

Best regards,

JayCee

javadev

Thanks JayCee

I did try connecting with the drivers that came with 10g and it worked.

Regards
SS