Unable to create a new file in my web site

asherLaci

Hi,

I'v written an client/server application using SOAP. I can read
existing files, but when I try to create a new file on my Web Site I'v
been refused by the server. Here is the system error information:
Server was unable to process request. --> Access to the path
"d:\hosting\ashersh\clientsData\qqq.txt" is denied.

Running the same server application in my computer (at localhost) works
well.

Please help !!!

Asher

mcrose

The Account which is running the application must have write access to
the directory you are trying to write too.

This may be either the default user which runs asp container, or the
user which is running the Application Pool which this particular web
application is assigned to run in.

SECURITY NOTE: I've read (and it makes sense to me) that for security
reasons you should NOT allow write access to the directories from which
you serve you application. If you do, then a malicious user may be able
to write and arbitrary script to that directory and then browse
to/execute that script.

-Matt

asherLaci

mcrose ëúá:
The Account which is running the application must have write access to
the directory you are trying to write too.

This may be either the default user which runs asp container, or the
user which is running the Application Pool which this particular web
application is assigned to run in.

SECURITY NOTE: I've read (and it makes sense to me) that for security
reasons you should NOT allow write access to the directories from which
you serve you application. If you do, then a malicious user may be able
to write and arbitrary script to that directory and then browse
to/execute that script.

-Matt

Thanks,
You are right, the site adminstrator solved the problem
Asher