    well.

    Please help !!!

    Asher

    asherLaci, Nov 28, 2006

  2. asherLaci

    Andrew Brook Guest

    Is d: a mapped drive? If so, what about using the UNC?

    Andrew

    Andrew Brook, Nov 29, 2006

  3. asherLaci

    mcrose Guest

    The Account which is running the application must have write access to
    the directory you are trying to write too.

    This may be either the default user which runs asp container, or the
    user which is running the Application Pool which this particular web
    application is assigned to run in.

    SECURITY NOTE: I've read (and it makes sense to me) that for security
    reasons you should NOT allow write access to the directories from which
    you serve you application. If you do, then a malicious user may be able
    to write and arbitrary script to that directory and then browse
    to/execute that script.

    -Matt

    mcrose, Nov 29, 2006
  4. asherLaci

    asherLaci Guest

    Andrew Brook ëúá:
    > Is d: a mapped drive? If so, what about using the UNC?
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > "asherLaci" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'v written an client/server application using SOAP. I can read
    > > existing files, but when I try to create a new file on my Web Site I'v
    > > been refused by the server. Here is the system error information:
    > > Server was unable to process request. --> Access to the path
    > > "d:\hosting\ashersh\clientsData\qqq.txt" is denied.
    > >
    > > Running the same server application in my computer (at localhost) works
    > > well.
    > >
    > > Please help !!!
    > >
    > > Asher

    Thanks,
    The site adminstrator solved the problem
    Asher

    asherLaci, Dec 3, 2006
  5. asherLaci

    asherLaci Guest

    mcrose ëúá:
    > The Account which is running the application must have write access to
    > the directory you are trying to write too.
    >
    > This may be either the default user which runs asp container, or the
    > user which is running the Application Pool which this particular web
    > application is assigned to run in.
    >
    > SECURITY NOTE: I've read (and it makes sense to me) that for security
    > reasons you should NOT allow write access to the directories from which
    > you serve you application. If you do, then a malicious user may be able
    > to write and arbitrary script to that directory and then browse
    > to/execute that script.
    >
    > -Matt
    >
    > asherLaci wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'v written an client/server application using SOAP. I can read
    > > existing files, but when I try to create a new file on my Web Site I'v
    > > been refused by the server. Here is the system error information:
    > > Server was unable to process request. --> Access to the path
    > > "d:\hosting\ashersh\clientsData\qqq.txt" is denied.
    > >
    > > Running the same server application in my computer (at localhost) works
    > > well.
    > >
    > > Please help !!!
    > >
    > > Asher

    Thanks,
    You are right, the site adminstrator solved the problem
    Asher

    asherLaci, Dec 3, 2006