Unable to create an ASP NET application "Web Access failed"

Paul#

I want to create an aspnet app at:

http://gisims/website/apps/AdvViewer

Each time it gives me a "Web access Failed" dialog box.
I have 2 options now:

1) retry at a different location - I dont want to do this because
I don't want to save it anywhere else. I sure that this address is correct
because I can access other html files through a browser at this location.

2) open with front page server extensions - I tried this but it tells
me my password is incorrect or I do not have sufficient permissions.
I have Full Control permissions on this folder which should allow me to do
anything.

Any help?

Thanks
Paul#