Unable to create an instance of the desired COM classCOM

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by nityaprakash.sharma@gmail.com, Oct 6, 2006.

    I am trying to create object Media Player in javascript for Netscape
    browser. For this i have written follwoing code.

    var player
    try
    {
    if( window.GeckoActiveXObject )
    {
    player= new
    GeckoActiveXObject("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1");
    }
    else if( window.ActiveXObject )
    {
    player = new ActiveXObject("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1");
    }
    alert( cInfo );
    }
    catch( Exception )
    {
    document.writeln( Exception );
    }

    Above code giving following error when i load this page in Netscape
    browser.

    [Exception... "Unable to create an instance of the desired COM classCOM
    Error Result = 80004005" nsresult: "0x80570039
    (NS_ERROR_XPC_COM_CREATE_FAILED)" location: "JS frame ::
    http://localhost/siteOne/ClientInfo.aspx :: LicenseDown :: line 20"
    data: no]

    Please help me if anybody knows the cause of the error and how to
    resolve.
    Thanx in advance.

    nps
    , Oct 6, 2006