unable to create asp.net web app

TM

I am trying to create an asp.net web application in Visual Studio.Net 2003
and when I try to create it on my windows 2003 server, I get this error "The
web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open
the web project at the following url: ......... HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"

I went through the readme from the Visual Studio Install, and made sure the
ASP.Net server extensions, front page server extensions and other required
components are installed on the server but am still getting this error.

I am on a small LAN and am not using a domain controller or logging on since
this server is only used occasionally for testing and is not on all the
time.

Any ideas ?

TM

I case anyone is interested, I was able to figure out the problem, with the
help of a yahoo search. It's a wonderful thing.

The problem is because the execute permissions on the default web site on
the server have to be set to Scripts and Executables.

I did try scripts only but got this error:
The web was created successfully, but an error occurred when trying to
configure the application root for this web. Web projects may not operate
correctly without an application root. The returned error was: Active
Directory services can not find the web server. A possible cause for this
is an incompatibility between versions of Internet Information Server (IIS)
on the client and the server. The usual cause for this error is creating
web projects on a Windows 2000 or newer server from a Windows NT 4.0 client.
You can manually configure the application root using the Internet Services
Manager.

I am not using NT on my development machine, it is XP Professional.

But to resolve the error I went to the Windows 2003 server and did the
following in IIS Manager:
1) Right click on default website
2) Select Properties
3) Clicked on Home Directory tab
4) under the Execute Permissions list, selected "Scripts and Executables"

Clicked OK and it works like a charm.