    and other stuff is created except the *.dll
    Compilation and link is fine
    Please help
    hairamki, Feb 7, 2006

  2. hairamki

    Guest

    hairamki wrote:
    > Please help

    Try a newsgroup that's subject is windows programming. They will know
    - or they better.
    , Feb 7, 2006

  3. hairamki

    Tom Guest

    On 7 Feb 2006 06:22:20 -0800, "hairamki" <> wrote:

    >Iam trying to create a DLL
    >*.lib
    >*.map
    >*.obj
    >*.pch
    >and other stuff is created except the *.dll
    >Compilation and link is fine
    >Please help

    In my limited experience, I found it extremely difficult to get the
    dll linkage to another program to work properly.

    Dll's are application dependent. For example, I have written dll's to
    interface with the application: TradeStation 2000. Following the
    application's dll instructions led me to repeated failures. Someone
    within the Yahoo! Group "MrEasyLanguage" (which is a group dedicated
    to using that particular application's internal programming language)
    came to my rescue.

    I had similar difficulties to what you are experiencing, but there are
    a multitude of things that must all be perfect to make it work. My
    mistake was not having created a *.def file and including it in the
    dll project.

    When I switched from VS6.0 to VS.Net I again had problems using the
    exact dll that had worked with the earlier VS version. That problem
    turned out to be compiler settings. The VS.Net compiler settings when
    creating a dll did not default the same as the VS6.0 settings.

    The moral of the story is find application specific help from an
    expert in that application. Typical users will not be dll proficient.
    Newsgroups might be the avenue to take. Yahoo! Groups was helpful to
    me in the past. Others in here might suggest other places to find
    application experts. And always get the factory instructions when
    possible.

    If by fluke you are writing to TradeStation... I created a detailed,
    Step-by-Step set of instructions when I was still using VS6.0. That
    set of instructions was posted in "MrEasyLanguage" a few years ago. My
    guess is that it is still available. I still have it in the form of a
    MS Word file, but unless you are writing to that specific
    application... I doubt it will be helpful.

    Good luck.

    -- Tom
    Tom, Feb 7, 2006