Unable to create *.dll

hairamki

Iam trying to create a DLL
*.lib
*.map
*.obj
*.pch
and other stuff is created except the *.dll
Compilation and link is fine
Please help

Tom

Iam trying to create a DLL
*.lib
*.map
*.obj
*.pch
and other stuff is created except the *.dll
Compilation and link is fine
Please help

In my limited experience, I found it extremely difficult to get the
dll linkage to another program to work properly.

Dll's are application dependent. For example, I have written dll's to
interface with the application: TradeStation 2000. Following the
application's dll instructions led me to repeated failures. Someone
within the Yahoo! Group "MrEasyLanguage" (which is a group dedicated
to using that particular application's internal programming language)
came to my rescue.

I had similar difficulties to what you are experiencing, but there are
a multitude of things that must all be perfect to make it work. My
mistake was not having created a *.def file and including it in the
dll project.

When I switched from VS6.0 to VS.Net I again had problems using the
exact dll that had worked with the earlier VS version. That problem
turned out to be compiler settings. The VS.Net compiler settings when
creating a dll did not default the same as the VS6.0 settings.

The moral of the story is find application specific help from an
expert in that application. Typical users will not be dll proficient.
Newsgroups might be the avenue to take. Yahoo! Groups was helpful to
me in the past. Others in here might suggest other places to find
application experts. And always get the factory instructions when
possible.

If by fluke you are writing to TradeStation... I created a detailed,
Step-by-Step set of instructions when I was still using VS6.0. That
set of instructions was posted in "MrEasyLanguage" a few years ago. My
guess is that it is still available. I still have it in the form of a
MS Word file, but unless you are writing to that specific
application... I doubt it will be helpful.

Good luck.

-- Tom