Unable to create MIDlet null

John Goche

Hello,

Upon compiling and running a MIDlet with the
Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.3 Beta I end up
getting the following run time error in the
simulator after I launch the app in the
simulator:

Settings updated
Project settings saved
Project settings saved
Building "Foo"
Build complete
Running with storage root DefaultColorPhone
Running with locale: English_United States.1252
Unable to create MIDlet null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.midp.midlet.MIDletState.createMIDlet(+29)
at com.sun.midp.midlet.Selector.run(+22)

This problem was solved as follows:

Project -> Settings -> Midlets -> Edit:

Since my MIDlet is part of a package,
in the "Class" field, I specify the full
oath to the MIDlet as follows:

In the "Class" field, which is left blank
by the Sun WTK, since my MIDlet is
part of a package, I specify the full
path to the MIDlet as follows:

com.foo.bar.Foo

This fixes the problem,

JG

Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Unable to create a classMIDlet

Hello,

Upon compiling and running a MIDlet with the
Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.3 Beta I end up
getting the following run time error in the
simulator after I launch the app in the
simulator:

Settings updated
Project settings saved
Project settings saved
Building "blueMIDlet"
Build complete
Running with storage root DefaultColorPhone
Running with locale: English_United States.1252
Unable to create MIDlet
java.lang.classNotFaundException

can you help me .

Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
thanks

thanks man for this tip! it helped me alot!!
i'm looking for the solutino alllready alot of time!
cheers

Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thanks.. This certainly helped me to resolve my problem too. I was not sure where the problem was because Eclipse would pick up my application right but I would get error while running through Java Wireless Toolkit. It is a nice catch, if you use packages.