Unable to create/open web projects ?

WJ

My system is an XP Pro. with the lattest patches & Service pack applied.

1. I have IIS installed with XP first.
2. I have .NetFW 1.1 installed next via Windows Update.
3. I have VS.Net 2003 EA edition installed last.

VS.Net had been working fine, it could create Windows Form and Web form &
Web service applications under http://localhost fine. Now it can
only create and open Windows Form applications. If I try to create or open a
Web service or Web form application, I would get the following error:

<<
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Webproject located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/webservice1'.
'HTTP:/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
Here is what I did:

1. I tried to uninstall VS.Net 2003, .Net FW 1.1, and IIS in that order.
2. Clean out all Inetpub folder, ASPNet account, VS Developer group &
account.

3. Reboot the system

4. Reinstalled: a) IIS, b) .NetFW1.1 via Windows Update, and c) Reinstall
VS.Net 2003EA

5. Reboot

6. Checked wwwroot share, it looks normal. Checked All accounts and Groups
related to .Net FW & VS.Net, and they are all there with proper security
configuration. ** I checked against a same system that is working.

7. Same error.

I am avoiding rebuilding the complete box (XP).

Thanks for your help,

John

WJ

Curt_C said:
find the aspnet_regiis.exe
run
aspnet_regiis -i
Thanks for your reply.

I did this already (dozen times perhaps). Now I know that if I rebuild the
box or run it as "System" instead of ASPNET account, it sures will work.

John