Unable to create part in Eclipse JBoss IDE - Solution

Discussion in 'Java' started by DRS.Usenet@sengsational.com, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    The bottom line is that JBoss IDE is trying to use a feature of a
    'future' version of Eclipse.

    At the time of this writing, if you get the 'newest' released Eclipse
    and the 'newest' released JBoss IDE, you'll run into the trouble. Just
    grab an older JBoss IDE and drop it into your eclipse folder,
    overwriting the newer copy, and it should work.

    --Dale--

    Here's a dialog, mostly for keyword purposes:

    I can't open JSPs with the built-in JSP-Editor of your JBOSS IDE. With
    Right-Click on the file and OpenWith...>Text Editor i can open them in
    the Eclipse editor. But with OpenWith..>JSP Editor (JBoss-IDE) i get an
    error "Unable to create part:". Is this a conflict with the eclipse
    editor?

    most likely because you are using a newer eclipse than the jbosside can
    run with.

    Are you sure? I use Eclipse 3.0.2 with JBossIDE-1.4.1-jre1.5-e31. I
    also tried Eclipse 3.0.1 with JBossIDE-1.5M1-jre15. But i always get
    the same error. There are many people in my course who have the same
    problem. And we tested with windows, linux and OSX.

    Aaah, interesting. I tried the combination Eclipse 3.0.2 and
    JBossIDE-1.4.1-e30. And it works!

    Confirmed. I downloaded JBossIDE-1.4.1-e30.zip (whereas earlier I had
    ....e31). Dropped it in the eclipse folder (overwriting as needed), and
    it worked.... came right-up with JSP syntax highlighting.
    , Jun 8, 2005