Unable to create part in Eclipse JBoss IDE - Solution

DRS.Usenet

The bottom line is that JBoss IDE is trying to use a feature of a
'future' version of Eclipse.

At the time of this writing, if you get the 'newest' released Eclipse
and the 'newest' released JBoss IDE, you'll run into the trouble. Just
grab an older JBoss IDE and drop it into your eclipse folder,
overwriting the newer copy, and it should work.

--Dale--

Here's a dialog, mostly for keyword purposes:

I can't open JSPs with the built-in JSP-Editor of your JBOSS IDE. With
Right-Click on the file and OpenWith...>Text Editor i can open them in
the Eclipse editor. But with OpenWith..>JSP Editor (JBoss-IDE) i get an
error "Unable to create part:". Is this a conflict with the eclipse
editor?

most likely because you are using a newer eclipse than the jbosside can
run with.

Are you sure? I use Eclipse 3.0.2 with JBossIDE-1.4.1-jre1.5-e31. I
also tried Eclipse 3.0.1 with JBossIDE-1.5M1-jre15. But i always get
the same error. There are many people in my course who have the same
problem. And we tested with windows, linux and OSX.

Aaah, interesting. I tried the combination Eclipse 3.0.2 and
JBossIDE-1.4.1-e30. And it works!

Confirmed. I downloaded JBossIDE-1.4.1-e30.zip (whereas earlier I had
....e31). Dropped it in the eclipse folder (overwriting as needed), and
it worked.... came right-up with JSP syntax highlighting.