    the Web server may be temporarily out of service.
    Does anybody know what's wrong and how to get around this problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbg==?=, Jul 10, 2007

  2. On Jul 10, 7:40 pm, Leon <> wrote:
    > Hi Everybody.
    >
    > I am running VS 2005 with Service Pack on Windows 2003 server.
    > All I was trying to do is to create a new website.
    > I am getting an error message:
    > Unable to create the Web 'http://MySite'. Could not find a Webserver at
    > 'MySite'. Please check to make sure that the web server is valid and your
    > proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct,
    > the Web server may be temporarily out of service.
    > Does anybody know what's wrong and how to get around this problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Sounds like you are trying to create a website on a server where no
    IIS available. If you want to have a local website, use http://localhost.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 10, 2007

  3. Thanks for response, but IIS is installed and I am not sure why it would not
    be available?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbg==?=, Jul 10, 2007
  4. re:
    !> Sounds like you are trying to create a website on a server where no
    !> IIS available. If you want to have a local website, use http://localhost.

    http://localhost uses IIS.

    What he needs to do is

    1. make sure IIS is installed correctly.

    or...

    2. create a VS 2005 application/project using the local file system option,
    which will enable him to use VS 2005's internal web server for testing purposes.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 10, 2007
  5. On Jul 10, 8:13 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <>
    wrote:
    > re:
    > !> Sounds like you are trying to create a website on a server where no
    > !> IIS available. If you want to have a local website, usehttp://localhost.
    >
    > http://localhostuses IIS.

    Is the web server a local machine, or it is a different server?

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 10, 2007
  6. It looks like I did not specify http://localhost/MyWebsite and put just
    http://MyWebsite. That was the problem. Thanks to all of you who replied.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbg==?=, Jul 10, 2007