Unable to create the web

Guest

Hi Everybody.

I am running VS 2005 with Service Pack on Windows 2003 server.
All I was trying to do is to create a new website.
I am getting an error message:
Unable to create the Web 'http://MySite'. Could not find a Webserver at
'MySite'. Please check to make sure that the web server is valid and your
proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct,
the Web server may be temporarily out of service.
Does anybody know what's wrong and how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Guest

Hi Everybody.

I am running VS 2005 with Service Pack on Windows 2003 server.
All I was trying to do is to create a new website.
I am getting an error message:
Unable to create the Web 'http://MySite'. Could not find a Webserver at
'MySite'. Please check to make sure that the web server is valid and your
proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct,
the Web server may be temporarily out of service.
Does anybody know what's wrong and how to get around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you are trying to create a website on a server where no
IIS available. If you want to have a local website, use http://localhost.

Guest

Thanks for response, but IIS is installed and I am not sure why it would not
be available?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Sounds like you are trying to create a website on a server where no
!> IIS available. If you want to have a local website, use http://localhost.

http://localhost uses IIS.

What he needs to do is

1. make sure IIS is installed correctly.

or...

2. create a VS 2005 application/project using the local file system option,
which will enable him to use VS 2005's internal web server for testing purposes.