Unable to create web project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Herman, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Herman

    Herman Guest

    Hi group,
    I'm not sure if here's the right subgroup to post my
    question but just figure to give it a try. Anyway, When
    I open a new ASP .NET Application project from VS.NET,
    I had window showed 'Web Access Failed' with following
    error msg:

    The default web access mode for this project is set to
    file share, but the project folder at
    'http://localhost/Spikeshop' cannot be opened
    with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop'.

    Unable to create Web project 'Spikeshop'. The file path
    'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop' does not correspond to
    the URL 'http://localhost/Spikeshop'. The two need to
    map to the same server location.

    I'm using XP Pro w/ SP1, .NET FrameWork 1.1, v1.0.3705.
    Any ideas?

    Herman, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Herman

    Jan Tielens Guest

    I suggest you post this question in the ASP.NET or VisualStudio.NET
    newsgroups, this one is for webservices.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Herman

    Guest Guest

    Try to create a virtual directory directory name as
    Spikeshop and point it to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004