    none helped...

    i would love any help i could get...

    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. Can you run without debugging?

    Try registering asp.net with iis:
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    in the VS command prompt.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
    http://usableasp.net

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Aidy Guest

    What's your operating system?

    Aidy, Feb 28, 2008

    On Feb 28, 11:33 am, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    <> wrote:
    > Can you run without debugging?
    >
    > Try registering asp.net with iis:
    > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    > in the VS command prompt.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > hi

    > > when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
    > > message:

    > > error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
    > > web server

    > > but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

    > > i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
    > > none helped...

    > > i would love any help i could get...

    thanks for the reply
    i tried restarting it from the vs command line... but it's not
    helping.... :(

    , Feb 28, 2008

    On Feb 28, 11:40 am, "Aidy" <> wrote:
    > What's your operating system?
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > hi

    > > when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
    > > message:

    > > error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
    > > web server

    > > but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

    > > i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
    > > none helped...

    > > i would love any help i could get...

    windows XP, and i'm using iis 5.1

    , Feb 28, 2008

    On Feb 28, 12:27 pm, wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 11:33 am, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > > Can you run without debugging?

    > > Try registering asp.net with iis:
    > > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    > > in the VS command prompt.

    > > --
    > > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > > Software Developer
    > > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net

    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > hi

    > > > when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
    > > > message:

    > > > error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
    > > > web server

    > > > but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

    > > > i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
    > > > none helped...

    > > > i would love any help i could get...

    > thanks for the reply
    > i tried restarting it from the vs command line... but it's not
    > helping.... :(

    oh, and the program IS running, only debugging seems not to work

    , Feb 28, 2008

    On Feb 28, 10:10 am, wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
    > message:
    >
    > error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
    > web server
    >
    > but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...
    >
    > i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
    > none helped...
    >
    > i would love any help i could get...

    can anyone else please help....? :(

    , Feb 28, 2008

    On Feb 28, 10:10 am, wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
    > message:
    >
    > error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
    > web server
    >
    > but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...
    >
    > i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
    > none helped...
    >
    > i would love any help i could get...

    just so everybody knows - i was able to fix this by enabling HTTP keep
    alives (ehich is in IIS -> default web site -> properties -> web site
    tab or something)

    woo hoo!!!!

    , Feb 29, 2008
  9. Gary L Guest

    I am having the same problem. Started when I installed VS 2008. I've been
    running 2003 and 2005 side by side with no troubles. Once I installed 2008 I
    couldn't copy my 2003 project to the server. I'd get an error message which
    read:

    HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

    Being unable to resolve this I uninstalled VS 2008 and attempted to restore
    things to the way they were. Now I'm getting the same error as you, but it
    doesn't matter whether I've set for debug or release, it won't build.

    I've tried aspnet_regiis -i, iisreset, and deleting and re-creating my IIS
    application name. None of this seems to help. Unless someone can answer
    this question soon looks like I'll be re-installing everything...

    Gary L, Mar 3, 2008