unable to debug vs 2003 .net

michay

hi

when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
message:

error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
web server

but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
none helped...

i would love any help i could get...

michay

Can you run without debugging?

Try registering asp.net with iis:
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
in the VS command prompt.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
message:
error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
web server
but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...
i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
none helped...
i would love any help i could get...

thanks for the reply
i tried restarting it from the vs command line... but it's not
helping.... :(

michay

thanks for the reply
i tried restarting it from the vs command line... but it's not
helping.... :(

oh, and the program IS running, only debugging seems not to work

michay

hi

when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
message:

error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
web server

but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
none helped...

i would love any help i could get...

can anyone else please help....? :(

michay

hi

when i try to debug a web application, i get the following error
message:

error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the
web server

but when i try to debug a regular console application it works fine...

i've tried lot's of "change this property and it should work", but
none helped...

i would love any help i could get...

just so everybody knows - i was able to fix this by enabling HTTP keep
alives (ehich is in IIS -> default web site -> properties -> web site
tab or something)

woo hoo!!!!

Gary L

I am having the same problem. Started when I installed VS 2008. I've been
running 2003 and 2005 side by side with no troubles. Once I installed 2008 I
couldn't copy my 2003 project to the server. I'd get an error message which
read:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Being unable to resolve this I uninstalled VS 2008 and attempted to restore
things to the way they were. Now I'm getting the same error as you, but it
doesn't matter whether I've set for debug or release, it won't build.

I've tried aspnet_regiis -i, iisreset, and deleting and re-creating my IIS
application name. None of this seems to help. Unless someone can answer
this question soon looks like I'll be re-installing everything...